:: #mythtv

Daily chat history

Current users (73):

aloril, amessina, Anssi, blahdodo, brfransen, Captain_Murdoch, ChanServ, Chutt, clever, coling, CyberJacob, dblain, dekarl, eharris, ElmerFudd, enyc, ghoti, gigem, gregL, GreyFoxx, Guest65292, Hydr0p0nX, ikevin, J-e-f-f-A, jab416171, jafa, jams, jheizer_, jnylen, joki, jpabq, jpharvey, jst, jya, kc, knightr, KungFuJesus, lautriv__, libsci, markspieth, MythBuild, MythLogBot, nephyrin, peper03, poptix, pppingme, Raansu, raven42, rich0, Roklobsta, saaki, Seeker`, seld, sphery, SpootDev, sraue_, stefan_, stuarta, stuartm, suffice, superm1, taylorr, tgm4883, toeb, tonsofpcs, tris, unforgiven512, vincent42, Warped, XDS2010, xris, _charly_, _iwc
Wednesday, February 17th, 2016, 00:00 UTC
[00:00:04] jya (jya! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[00:05:50] jya (jya!~sid132@2620:101:8016:74::4:84) has joined #mythtv
[00:07:05] raven42 (raven42! has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[00:09:20] raven42 (raven42! has joined #mythtv
[00:11:36] letifosi_ (letifosi_!~letifosif@ has joined #mythtv
[00:11:54] letifosi_ (letifosi_!~letifosif@ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[00:14:34] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[00:32:10] raven42 (raven42! has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[00:34:24] raven42 (raven42! has joined #mythtv
[00:38:13] dmfrey (dmfrey! has joined #mythtv
[00:39:50] Hydr0p0nX (Hydr0p0nX! has quit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
[00:50:25] gregL (gregL! has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[00:50:39] arescorpio (arescorpio! has joined #mythtv
[01:13:27] tgm4883: How is 0.28 looking? Are we all still with the mindset of shipping 0.27.6 on 16.04?
[01:44:50] gigem (gigem!~david@mythtv/developer/gigem) has quit (Quit: WeeChat 1.4)
[01:48:06] gigem (gigem!~david@mythtv/developer/gigem) has joined #mythtv
[01:55:56] Hydr0p0nX (Hydr0p0nX! has joined #mythtv
[02:30:17] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari! has joined #mythtv
[02:30:40] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[02:31:08] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has joined #mythtv
[02:51:21] knightr_: tgm4883, I certainly hope so otherwise 0.28 if released earlier than planned would end up not being translated and that would for sure pissed off our translators if we changed plan...
[02:51:33] knightr_ is now known as knightr
[02:52:47] knightr: s/pissed/piss
[02:54:51] tgm4883: knightr: is it earlier than planned though? 0.28 is already in beta
[02:55:15] knightr: there are still RCs
[02:55:26] knightr: and we promised everyone that even if we don't need all 3
[02:55:36] knightr: we don't release before the 28 of march IIRC...
[02:56:07] knightr: the IIRC is for the date
[02:56:15] tgm4883: well technically you have till april 14th
[02:56:31] knightr: we did promise that we would not release before a specific date
[02:56:43] tgm4883: ok
[02:56:57] knightr: if we are read
[02:56:58] knightr: ups
[02:57:00] knightr: ready
[02:57:22] knightr: and if it is still acceptable to have it bundled with the 16.04
[02:57:33] knightr: than I guess we could change the plan
[02:57:48] knightr: the most important thing is getting some stable out
[02:57:49] tgm4883: well decision time for 0.27 or 0.28 for 16.04 is tomorrow
[02:57:57] knightr: and meet the date we promised...
[02:58:17] knightr: then I guess it's 27.6
[02:58:42] tgm4883: ok
[02:59:03] ** tgm4883 nudges jya on that 16.04 ticket **
[02:59:28] tgm4883: I pushed the vp8 patch to our builds so we could get something in if we needed to
[02:59:34] knightr: which ticket?
[02:59:55] tgm4883:
[03:00:15] tgm4883: knightr: currently 0.27.6 doesn't build on 16.04 without at least the vp8 patch on there
[03:00:37] knightr: ffmpeg stuff I see...
[03:00:49] tgm4883: yep
[03:00:55] tgm4883: fixed already in 0.28
[03:02:14] knightr: I think he thought it was 0.28 was stable enought for 16.04
[03:02:38] knightr: but I don't know if the other would agree in time for us to change the plan...
[03:02:43] knightr: s/other/others
[03:03:58] tgm4883: yea jya votes for 0.28
[03:04:23] knightr: he was the first to vote against too..
[03:11:26] jab416171 (jab416171! has quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
[03:11:40] dmfrey (dmfrey! has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[03:16:17] jab416171 (jab416171! has joined #mythtv
[03:47:25] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[03:48:11] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has joined #mythtv
[04:11:58] gregL (gregL! has joined #mythtv
[04:18:35] arescorpio (arescorpio! has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[04:27:01] jya: knightr: i didn't vote against it, I said there was a lot of work to be done to get it to a workable state
[04:27:18] jya: and now we got it to work where I believe it appropriate for release
[04:37:50] tgm4883: I don't know what the status is for the translators, but I think I've got it to where more people will get updates
[04:38:18] tgm4883: it should now ask during install if the updates repo should be active, and defaults to yes
[04:38:21] knightr: tgm4883, as long as we respect the release schedule we're ok on that side
[04:38:47] knightr: and it sounds like we would with the final release date of 16.04...
[04:39:18] knightr: jya, sorry, I over simplified...
[05:03:30] raven42 (raven42! has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[05:14:58] joki (joki! has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[05:21:27] joki (joki! has joined #mythtv
[06:27:37] Warped (Warped!~Warped@unaffiliated/warped) has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.92 [Firefox 44.0.2/20160210153822])
[07:03:51] dekarl: we could do something funny, like look at the bugs... like the "mythtranscode --fifo" deletes the recording :(
[07:16:57] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[07:18:53] Warped (Warped!~Warped@unaffiliated/warped) has joined #mythtv
[07:25:15] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has joined #mythtv
[07:29:22] Tobbe5178 (Tobbe5178!~asdf@2001:2002:4e46:4de8:f4:9c1b:2d80:343c) has joined #mythtv
[07:34:18] dekarl: Don't worry to much about the packaging. Worst case its "manually install the ubuntu image and manually add the mythbuntu ppa with armhf rpi2 packages" and that's not that hard
[08:12:01] lautriv__ (lautriv__!~lautriv@funtoo/user/lautriv) has joined #mythtv
[08:16:04] lautriv_ (lautriv_!~lautriv@funtoo/user/lautriv) has quit (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
[08:32:03] rich0 (rich0!~quassel@gentoo/developer/rich0) has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[08:48:52] willcooke (willcooke!~willcooke@ubuntu/member/willcooke) has joined #mythtv
[09:02:08] Guest75342 is now known as CyberJacob
[09:04:06] Merlin83b (Merlin83b! has joined #mythtv
[09:52:38] superm1 (superm1!uid4318@ubuntu/member/superm1) has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:38] ikevin (ikevin! has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:39] stuarta (stuarta!~stuarta@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:39] saaki (saaki!~saki@ has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:39] nephyrin` (nephyrin`! has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:39] unforgiven512 (unforgiven512! has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:40] stefan__1 (stefan__1! has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:40] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch!~cpinkham@mythtv/developer/CaptainMurdoch) has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:40] KungFuJesus (KungFuJesus! has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:41] libsci (libsci!~libsci@unaffiliated/libsci) has quit (*.net *.split)
[09:52:52] stuarta (stuarta! has joined #mythtv
[09:52:53] stuarta (stuarta! has quit (Changing host)
[09:52:53] stuarta (stuarta!~stuarta@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has joined #mythtv
[09:52:55] ikevin (ikevin! has joined #mythtv
[09:52:57] unforgiven512 (unforgiven512! has joined #mythtv
[09:52:58] nephyrin (nephyrin! has joined #mythtv
[09:52:59] saaki (saaki!~saki@ has joined #mythtv
[09:52:59] stefan_ (stefan_! has joined #mythtv
[09:53:21] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch! has joined #mythtv
[09:53:21] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch!~cpinkham@mythtv/developer/CaptainMurdoch) has joined #mythtv
[09:53:21] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch! has quit (Changing host)
[09:53:30] KungFuJesus (KungFuJesus! has joined #mythtv
[09:54:14] libsci (libsci!~libsci@unaffiliated/libsci) has joined #mythtv
[09:55:45] jst (jst!~quassel@ has quit (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
[09:57:00] jst (jst!~quassel@ has joined #mythtv
[10:03:34] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:03:56] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[10:08:10] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:10] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:11] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:11] blahdodo (blahdodo!~blahdodo@ has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:11] gregbert (gregbert!4dfa9fa3@unaffiliated/gregbert) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:11] brfransen (brfransen!~brfransen@ has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:08:28] dblain (dblain! has joined #mythtv
[10:08:28] dblain (dblain! has quit (Changing host)
[10:08:28] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has joined #mythtv
[10:08:29] blahdodo (blahdodo!~blahdodo@ has joined #mythtv
[10:08:51] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has joined #mythtv
[10:09:04] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[10:10:30] brfransen (brfransen!~brfransen@ has joined #mythtv
[10:13:10] superm1 (superm1!uid4318@ubuntu/member/superm1) has joined #mythtv
[10:34:45] paul-h (paul-h!~Paul@ has joined #mythtv
[10:36:22] paul-h: tgm4883, knightr: my vote would be to go with 0.28 – doesn't make sense to me to have to support a version for at least 2 more years something that is already 2 years out of date
[10:37:32] paul-h: I wont be backporting stuff that is for sure I don't have the time or resources to do it
[10:40:49] stuarta: the only problem with that is i think we needed to create fixes/0.28 yesterday
[10:41:13] stuarta: wtf did people think it was so fucked back when we had the opportunity
[10:42:13] stuartm_: stuarta: but we _did_ create it yesterday
[10:42:15] stuartm_ is now known as stuartm
[10:42:25] stuarta: we did?
[10:43:02] stuartm: of course, I'll swear to it
[10:43:06] stuartm: :)
[10:43:09] stuarta: :-p
[10:43:30] stuarta: you know that means moving from the beta we have and skipping all RC'...
[10:44:57] ** stuarta rereads tgm4883's email **
[10:45:00] stuartm: technically yes
[10:45:03] stuarta: so actually freeze is tomorrow
[10:45:57] stuarta: and then we have until April 14th to bugfix the hell out of it
[10:46:58] stuartm: but it is just a technicality – if we 'release' 0.28 now there will still be plenty of time before it's available to the wider public in packaged form, by which time that testing and fixes will have occurred, what actually ships with Ubuntu will probably be the first or second point release
[10:47:13] ** stuarta composes email **
[10:48:13] stuartm: we wrote the rules in the first place, meaning we also get to bend them when necessary
[10:48:52] stuarta: sheesh, i had a nice simple release schedule aimed for 16.04 and people said it wasn't ready
[10:49:08] stuarta: i should have gone, fuckit :shipit:
[10:49:26] Tobbe5178 (Tobbe5178!~asdf@2001:2002:4e46:4de8:f4:9c1b:2d80:343c) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:26] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:27] XDS2010 (XDS2010!sid1218@gateway/web/ has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:27] xris (xris! has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:28] aloril (aloril! has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:30] Seeker` (Seeker`!~cjo20@unaffiliated/seeker) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:31] coling (coling! has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:31] Anssi (Anssi!anssi@kodi/staff/anssi) has quit (*.net *.split)
[10:49:34] coling (coling! has joined #mythtv
[10:49:37] Seeker` (Seeker`! has joined #mythtv
[10:49:38] Seeker` (Seeker`! has quit (Changing host)
[10:49:38] Seeker` (Seeker`!~cjo20@unaffiliated/seeker) has joined #mythtv
[10:49:44] xris (xris! has joined #mythtv
[10:49:51] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has joined #mythtv
[10:50:16] Anssi (Anssi!anssi@kodi/staff/anssi) has joined #mythtv
[10:50:30] aloril (aloril! has joined #mythtv
[10:52:37] nephyrin (nephyrin! has quit (Quit: No Ping reply in 180 seconds.)
[10:53:55] nephyrin (nephyrin! has joined #mythtv
[10:55:31] dekarl: :shipit:!
[10:56:18] dekarl: the technical details of branch/tag beta/fixes etc pp are minor. The important part is to concentrate on getting the known issues under control. I don't care if I push to master until 28th of April, as long as no new features land there
[10:57:00] stuarta: dekarl: if(:shipit:) it'll be cutting fixes/0.28 so stuff will need to be merged
[10:57:12] stuarta: big features should be done in a branch for the forseeable future
[10:57:57] dekarl: yes, we (including me) should use devel/this'n'that more
[10:58:24] stuarta: for some of the stuff i've identified it's a must. ie dvbv5 api
[11:00:11] dekarl: whenever then branch gets cut we must update the theme repo to include 0.28 (I don't know if there is more do to)
[11:00:40] stuarta: yes, that won't take too long
[11:01:26] paul-h: Did you and warpme find out what the problem was with that?
[11:01:53] dekarl: not yet.
[11:02:30] stuarta: speaking of themes, there are quite a few that need updating to support paul-h's new music streaming update
[11:02:49] stuarta: at least we've recovered the themes that were hosted on google code to github
[11:04:16] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:17] unforgiven512 (unforgiven512! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:17] stuarta (stuarta!~stuarta@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:17] ikevin (ikevin! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:18] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:18] enyc_ (enyc_! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:19] jheizer (jheizer!~jheizer@2601:246:8200:887f:f872:27d:72c5:fb) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:19] tonsofpcs (tonsofpcs! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:19] poptix (poptix! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:22] J-e-f-f-A (J-e-f-f-A! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:04:25] tonsofpcs (tonsofpcs! has joined #mythtv
[11:04:25] poptix (poptix! has joined #mythtv
[11:04:27] enyc (enyc! has joined #mythtv
[11:04:27] ikevin (ikevin! has joined #mythtv
[11:04:44] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has joined #mythtv
[11:04:46] paul-h: that reminds me I need to do some clean up stuff to complete the new radio stream downloader
[11:05:04] dblain (dblain! has joined #mythtv
[11:05:05] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has joined #mythtv
[11:05:05] dblain (dblain! has quit (Changing host)
[11:05:06] jheizer (jheizer!~jheizer@2601:246:8200:887f:f872:27d:72c5:fb) has joined #mythtv
[11:05:33] J-e-f-f-A (J-e-f-f-A! has joined #mythtv
[11:05:49] unforgiven512 (unforgiven512! has joined #mythtv
[11:08:02] ** dekarl puts theme-tester on a buildslave on "the list" **
[11:09:23] stuarta (stuarta! has joined #mythtv
[11:09:23] stuarta (stuarta! has quit (Changing host)
[11:09:23] stuarta (stuarta!~stuarta@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has joined #mythtv
[11:12:20] markspieth|2 (markspieth|2! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:15:54] stuarta: sheesh, freenode patch day is annoying
[11:18:41] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[11:24:41] XDS2010 (XDS2010!sid1218@gateway/web/ has joined #mythtv
[11:39:56] Warped (Warped!~Warped@unaffiliated/warped) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:56] jab416171 (jab416171! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:56] vincent42 (vincent42! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:56] kc (kc!~Casper@unaffiliated/kc) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:57] MythBuild (MythBuild! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:58] ElmerFudd (ElmerFudd! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:39:59] clever (clever! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:40:03] MythBuild (MythBuild! has joined #mythtv
[11:40:10] clever (clever! has joined #mythtv
[11:40:18] kc (kc! has joined #mythtv
[11:40:18] kc (kc! has quit (Changing host)
[11:40:18] kc (kc!~Casper@unaffiliated/kc) has joined #mythtv
[11:40:35] ElmerFudd (ElmerFudd! has joined #mythtv
[11:40:41] vincent42 (vincent42! has joined #mythtv
[11:42:07] Warped (Warped!~Warped@unaffiliated/warped) has joined #mythtv
[11:43:56] jab416171 (jab416171! has joined #mythtv
[11:50:20] clever (clever! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:21] nephyrin (nephyrin! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:21] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:21] xris (xris! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:22] gregL (gregL! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:23] Hydr0p0nX (Hydr0p0nX! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:23] ghoti_ (ghoti_! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:23] dekarl (dekarl!~dekarl@mythtv/developer/dekarl) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:24] SpootDev (SpootDev! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:24] GreyFoxx_ (GreyFoxx_! has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:26] sphery (sphery!~mdean@mythtv/developer/sphery) has quit (*.net *.split)
[11:50:29] nephyrin (nephyrin! has joined #mythtv
[11:50:45] gregL (gregL! has joined #mythtv
[11:50:46] SpootDev (SpootDev! has joined #mythtv
[11:50:53] peper03 (peper03!~peper03@mythtv/developer/peper03) has joined #mythtv
[11:50:53] xris (xris! has joined #mythtv
[11:51:02] ghoti (ghoti! has joined #mythtv
[11:55:29] GreyFoxx (GreyFoxx! has joined #mythtv
[11:55:34] sphery (sphery!~mdean@mythtv/developer/sphery) has joined #mythtv
[12:02:07] joki (joki! has joined #mythtv
[12:02:53] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has joined #mythtv
[12:04:03] dekarl (dekarl! has joined #mythtv
[12:04:03] Hydr0p0nX (Hydr0p0nX! has joined #mythtv
[12:04:18] markspieth (markspieth! has joined #mythtv
[12:04:21] pppingme (pppingme!~pppingme@unaffiliated/pppingme) has joined #mythtv
[12:05:30] stefan_ (stefan_! has joined #mythtv
[12:06:20] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[12:07:16] rich0 (rich0!~quassel@gentoo/developer/rich0) has joined #mythtv
[12:19:33] knightr: stuartm, stuarta, we did create fixes branches before the actual release in the past, no? I thought that's actually how we stabilized a branch derived from trunk/master in the past
[12:20:01] mad_enz (mad_enz! has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[12:20:16] knightr: I am pretty sure that's how we used to do it when I joined...
[12:21:40] stuarta: knightr: yes something like that
[12:21:54] stuarta: in this case we've done a beta/0.28 rather than fixes/0.28
[12:22:00] stuarta: but achieved the same thing
[12:22:55] knightr: so the release of 0.28 is actually when we decide it to be...
[12:23:14] knightr: isn't it essentially when we change the version it identifies itself as?
[12:23:28] knightr: (I mean when we used to do a fixes branch in advance...)
[12:24:45] stuarta: knightr: yes, that would normally be the case, but to ensure the version is tagged correctly as 0.28 (to satisfy the no change in version number after tomorrows feature freeze on ubuntu) i would also tag it as 0.28
[12:24:52] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:55] Anssi (Anssi!anssi@kodi/staff/anssi) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:55] KungFuJesus (KungFuJesus! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:56] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch!~cpinkham@mythtv/developer/CaptainMurdoch) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:56] Merlin83b (Merlin83b! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:56] jya (jya!~sid132@2620:101:8016:74::4:84) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:57] toeb_ (toeb_! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:57] stuartm (stuartm!~stuartm@mythtv/developer/stuartm) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:58] jafa (jafa!~jafa@2001:470:80ca:2000:219f:f86:d708:b981) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:59] jnylen (jnylen!~jnylen@unaffiliated/jnylen) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:24:59] taylorr (taylorr!~taylorr@unaffiliated/elmojo) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:25:09] KungFuJesus (KungFuJesus! has joined #mythtv
[12:25:11] toeb (toeb! has joined #mythtv
[12:25:12] Anssi (Anssi!anssi@kodi/staff/anssi) has joined #mythtv
[12:25:16] jafa (jafa!~jafa@2001:470:80ca:2000:8084:ac97:1c1c:1356) has joined #mythtv
[12:25:22] Merlin83b (Merlin83b! has joined #mythtv
[12:25:24] taylorr (taylorr!~taylorr@ has joined #mythtv
[12:25:25] taylorr (taylorr!~taylorr@unaffiliated/elmojo) has joined #mythtv
[12:25:25] taylorr (taylorr!~taylorr@ has quit (Changing host)
[12:25:26] jya (jya!~sid132@2620:101:8016:74::4:84) has joined #mythtv
[12:25:32] stuarta: we can push out updates to 0.28 as much as we want up to full freeze on Apr 14th
[12:25:34] Captain_Murdoch (Captain_Murdoch!~cpinkham@mythtv/developer/CaptainMurdoch) has joined #mythtv
[12:25:48] knightr: ouch...
[12:26:20] knightr: but I guess if we don't advertise it as released
[12:26:30] stuarta: yeah
[12:26:33] knightr: it's not released... (-;
[12:26:56] knightr: and if people ask
[12:27:13] knightr: it's not released... (-;
[12:27:21] stuartm (stuartm!~stuartm@mythtv/developer/stuartm) has joined #mythtv
[12:28:28] jnylen (jnylen!~jnylen@unaffiliated/jnylen) has joined #mythtv
[12:28:37] stuarta: they'll notice
[12:29:06] stuarta: knightr: and for your translations, they can continue to be updated no problems
[12:29:18] knightr: I know...
[12:29:26] knightr: what bugs me is telling people one thing
[12:29:32] knightr: and doing another....
[12:30:17] stuarta: i'm just annoyed that people thought it wasn't ready, when i had a nice release schedule to get us here in a controlled manner
[12:30:41] knightr: we would have been able to fix it in time
[12:30:58] stuarta: in the end, we have fixed it in time
[12:31:01] knightr: with the original schedule
[12:31:06] stuarta: yep
[12:31:08] knightr: yes...
[12:31:37] stuarta: i thinking creating the beta/0.28 branch helped. made a few of the more advanced users try it out
[12:31:41] stuarta: *think
[12:32:01] knightr: yes, I think so...
[12:32:10] jheizer (jheizer!~jheizer@2601:246:8200:887f:f872:27d:72c5:fb) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:12] ikevin (ikevin! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:14] superm1 (superm1!uid4318@ubuntu/member/superm1) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:17] willcooke (willcooke!~willcooke@ubuntu/member/willcooke) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:19] tgm4883 (tgm4883!uid23806@ubuntu/member/tgm4883) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:20] ShapeShifter499 (ShapeShifter499!~ShapeShif@unaffiliated/shapeshifter499) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:24] _iwc (_iwc! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:24] _charly_ (_charly_! has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:24] Chutt (Chutt!~ijr@2605:a000:1225:7e:c457:ef1d:60fd:2177) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:32:29] jheizer_ (jheizer_!~jheizer@2601:246:8200:887f:f872:27d:72c5:fb) has joined #mythtv
[12:32:29] ikevin- (ikevin-! has joined #mythtv
[12:32:31] Chutt (Chutt!~ijr@2605:a000:1225:7e:c457:ef1d:60fd:2177) has joined #mythtv
[12:32:35] Raansu (Raansu!~ShapeShif@unaffiliated/shapeshifter499) has joined #mythtv
[12:32:41] ikevin- is now known as ikevin
[12:33:37] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has joined #mythtv
[12:35:51] _iwc (_iwc! has joined #mythtv
[12:37:24] _charly_ (_charly_! has joined #mythtv
[12:38:25] knightr: stuarta, if someone really is persistent than we tell the reason why (at least to that person)
[12:38:59] knightr: and we stick to saying it's not released
[12:39:24] knightr: because it won't actually be released, it's just a technicality which requires us to do that...
[12:42:45] stuarta: i'll check with tgm4883 when he comes online, if he needs only the branch, or it tagging as well
[12:43:06] stuarta: if we can get away with just creating the branch, then that's ideal
[12:44:02] knightr: exactly
[12:44:27] tgm4883 (tgm4883!uid23806@ubuntu/member/tgm4883) has joined #mythtv
[12:44:35] knightr: and this is something we have done in the past so noone will actually "mind"...
[12:44:53] knightr: lol, you were talking about him and he has just joined...
[12:45:08] stuarta: knightr: just a result of the netsplits due to rolling reboots
[12:45:19] stuarta: ETOOEARLY
[12:45:28] knightr: drats you are right
[12:45:36] knightr: doesn't mean he's there...
[12:45:40] stuarta: nope
[12:45:41] knightr: it's funny though... (-;
[12:54:28] stuarta: :)
[13:10:59] superm1 (superm1!uid4318@ubuntu/member/superm1) has joined #mythtv
[13:15:48] pppingme (pppingme!~pppingme@unaffiliated/pppingme) has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
[13:28:37] willcooke (willcooke!~willcooke@ubuntu/member/willcooke) has joined #mythtv
[13:39:31] dmfrey (dmfrey!~dmfrey@ has joined #mythtv
[14:29:20] Jordack (Jordack! has joined #mythtv
[14:31:26] letifosi_ (letifosi_! has joined #mythtv
[14:35:04] letifosiferrari (letifosiferrari!~letifosif@ has quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[14:36:04] Chutt (Chutt!~ijr@2605:a000:1225:7e:c457:ef1d:60fd:2177) has quit (Read error: Network is unreachable)
[14:37:09] Chutt (Chutt! has joined #mythtv
[14:46:18] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[15:19:35] jheizer_ (jheizer_!~jheizer@2601:246:8200:887f:f872:27d:72c5:fb) has quit (Read error: Network is unreachable)
[15:20:43] jheizer_ (jheizer_! has joined #mythtv
[15:26:27] dekarl1 (dekarl1!~dekarl@mythtv/developer/dekarl) has joined #mythtv
[15:29:04] dekarl (dekarl! has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[15:43:25] tgm4883: stuarta: cutting 0.28 today works for us. I believe we have to have it uploaded today
[15:45:50] dekarl1 is now known as dekarl
[16:18:41] stuarta: tgm4883: excellent thanks, do you need it tagged 0.28 or is fixes/0.28 sufficient?
[16:18:55] stuarta: ideally we would like to delay tagging 0.28.0 for a bit
[16:21:55] paul-h (paul-h!~Paul@ has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[16:22:42] paul-h (paul-h!~Paul@ has joined #mythtv
[16:37:00] stuarta: paul-h: all your most recent changes are bugfixes for 0.28?
[16:41:15] dekarl: stuarta, does adding a new feature "mythutil --make-metadatadownload-not-download-porn-for-kids-shows" quality as bugfix? (its on my list)
[16:41:29] dekarl: #12149
[16:41:29] ** MythLogBot **
[16:41:54] stuartm: paul-h: it's been a long time, and maybe it's broken, but ButtonList::RemoveItem() was supposed to maintain position so you could remove a single item without rebuilding the whole list and the need to store the original position
[16:42:06] stuarta: dekarl: yes
[16:42:29] stuarta: enough people were bitten by that after i fixed a bug in 0.27
[16:43:32] dekarl: well, basically I'm looking at a "add the tvdb3.py_ prefix to every rule/recording with only a number as interref and category_type serues or a known adult id" or something similar
[16:44:18] dekarl: err on the safe (for family / work) side. If you want porn, fix your inetrefs ;)
[16:44:59] stuarta: right, current master builds, :shipit:
[16:54:36] stuarta: :shipit: complete
[16:55:49] stuarta: hmm, i wonder if the theme packaging script copes with pointing at non existing branches
[17:03:37] stuarta: right pushed an updated theme packaging script, which will build 0.28 themes based off the current master theme list
[17:04:43] superm1: stuarta: tagged isn't important IIRC
[17:04:57] superm1: our version will just be something like 0.28.0+fixes<hash>...
[17:05:10] stuarta: superm1: ok good, would prefer not to tag the release yet
[17:05:22] superm1: which might be disengious to 0.28.0 not being tagged, but i doubt anyone is going to look that closely to notice
[17:05:48] stuarta: to tag or not to tag, that is the question
[17:05:51] ** stuarta flips coin **
[17:07:50] jheizer_: heads
[17:13:52] stuarta: should we put in a check for the buggy Qt version in #12558
[17:13:52] ** MythLogBot **
[17:19:46] stuartm: runtime check with large warning printed to log might be a good idea – although that won't stop everyone from running that version
[17:20:38] stuartm: Qt version: compile: 5.4.0, runtime: 5.4.2
[17:21:00] stuartm: shipping by default on some distros
[17:21:06] stuarta: it's a very common version unfortunately
[17:25:12] Jordack (Jordack! has quit ()
[17:28:03] letifosi_ (letifosi_! has quit ()
[17:32:48] stuartm: I'll see about adding an 'Enable compatibility with broken upnp clients' option
[17:33:14] jya (jya!~sid132@2620:101:8016:74::4:84) has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[17:34:01] ikevin (ikevin! has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[17:35:50] paul-h: stuarta: mostly bug fixes but also finishing what I'd already started
[17:35:51] stuartm: actually, better yet, I'll expose the service twice – the one which works with broken clients will appear in the device list as "I may or may not resist the temptation to insert change the mythtv device name to 'MythBackend (For broken clients)"
[17:36:33] stuartm: err, it will appear as "MythBackend (For broken clients)"
[17:37:15] stuartm: so users will have the option to select the correct service if their upnp client is upnp compliant
[17:37:32] stuartm: and broken clients will only show the other one
[17:38:35] stuarta: hah
[17:39:35] ** stuartm is doing too many things at once **
[17:40:07] ikevin (ikevin! has joined #mythtv
[17:40:30] jya (jya!~sid132@2620:101:8016:74::4:84) has joined #mythtv
[17:42:27] stuarta: right, i'm off now, back on Friday
[18:00:11] paul-h: tgm4883: not sure if this a known problem it's the first time I've used MythBuntu – in the control centre when you change something a popup with a summary of changes is shown but the listbox showing the summary is only one line high so can't actually read what it says
[18:07:01] dekarl: can't we just display "sorry, no MythTV for you with this QT version" and close on keypress?
[18:08:36] superm1: stuarta: i tried to push fixes/0.28 branch to packaging and it wouldn't let me:
[18:08:51] dekarl: ahh, displaying a flashing warning *on the backend* isn't that easy...
[18:10:50] pppingme (pppingme!~pppingme@unaffiliated/pppingme) has joined #mythtv
[18:23:44] Merlin83b (Merlin83b! has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[18:25:42] jpabq: I was looking at adding support for lyrics to Steppes, and managed to come with a bit of XML which crashes mythfrontend.
[18:28:14] superm1: hmm, so non x86 archs are failing to build
[18:28:15] superm1:
[18:28:41] superm1: that happened with arm64, ppc64el, powerpc, and s390x
[18:28:49] tgm4883: I think we've discussed this error in the past ^
[18:29:04] tgm4883: although I might be thinking about building the RPI2 stuff
[18:32:54] paul-h: Is Qt 5.2 or newer installed?
[18:34:03] paul-h: I changed the check in configure to check for 5.2 or newer – previously we just checked for 5.0 or newer
[18:39:52] superm1: paul-h: looks to me that it is, here's a full build log: . . . LDING.txt.gz
[18:40:14] superm1: it's 5.5
[18:47:13] paul-h: what does qmake --version say
[18:49:40] superm1: unfortunately I can't easily tell – those are buildds that I don't have shell to
[18:50:37] superm1: i386, armhf and amd64 don't seem affected
[18:57:59] paul-h: I'd start by reverting and see if that fixes it
[18:58:51] paul-h: strange it worked before though if you are sure Qt5.5 is installed
[19:00:30] stuartm: dekarl: no, because most distros are shipping the affected QT version, and the bug only affects a subset of users with particular hardware?
[19:01:15] stuartm: superm1: created the branch
[19:06:53] ** enyc grumbles about being unwell **
[19:07:41] enyc: qt5.3 seems common iirc when i looked hrrm
[19:09:43] enyc: superm1, tgm4883: it was discussed that in practice all the buildd's are running with gdb installed, as its' actually used (putting in debugging symbols in particular files?) in all PPA builds etc, — consensus with others was that this should be added to the packaging build-dep's so consistency in package-building (e.g. in my own tests!)
[19:10:12] enyc: superm1, tgm4883: when i've resolved some of my more immediate crises i can pull-req that but if you are working on packaging now and can just do it that would be helpful
[19:12:32] peterbennett (peterbennett! has joined #mythtv
[19:25:32] superm1: thanks stuartm
[19:26:13] superm1: enyc: yes we put all the debug symbols in mythtv-dbg for the myth build
[19:27:43] superm1: other packages in the ubuntu archives as ddebs
[19:29:40] superm1: tgm4883: do we do arm64 on PPA's? or only armhf
[19:30:01] superm1: i'm really confused why this qmake thing would only happen on a few archs, paul-h's commit looks so innocent and not architecture dependent
[19:30:17] tgm4883: superm1: armhf only I believe
[19:30:56] tgm4883: superm1: do you want to do arm64? looks like we can turn it on in the interface
[19:31:10] superm1: tgm4883: it would make debugging this problem easier if we can
[19:31:17] superm1: we can just do an upload with that commit reverted
[19:31:19] superm1: and see if it works
[19:31:34] tgm4883: superm1: just that, what about armel or ppc64el
[19:31:47] superm1: i think solving it for arm64 will let us solve it for the rest
[19:32:05] superm1: no need to slow down our builds, i don't know anyone really using ppc64el or s390x or anything like that anyway
[19:32:47] tgm4883: superm1: ok I turned on arm64
[19:33:14] tgm4883: superm1: for reference, looks like you can change it here . . . ilding/+edit
[19:33:25] tgm4883: I've added it for the 3 building PPAs
[19:36:39] paul-h: can you tell on what date the builds started to fail?
[19:37:59] superm1: unfortunately we weren't building for that failing arch previously on the PPA, only on the real ubuntu archive
[19:38:04] tgm4883: paul-h: no, because they aren't failing on the PPA
[19:38:04] superm1: real ubuntu archive wasn't building 0.28 until today
[19:41:06] tgm4883: superm1: this was the change I was thinking of :/
[19:41:14] tgm4883: so looks like something different
[19:45:43] paul-h: We might have to change configure to print a more helpful message when it fails – don't think we know if it found qmake at all or if the version check failed
[19:48:42] tgm4883: paul-h: sounds reasonable
[19:50:52] tgm4883: paul-h: what can we do to add that now?
[19:59:15] enyc: superm1: right. BUT, the PROBLEM is that the _packaging_ repo needs 'gdb' added to the 'build-dependencies' because otherwise dbg packages get mis-built ...
[19:59:46] enyc: i couldn't get ppc64el or s390x to work via qemu, so no build-tests there for me
[20:00:10] willcooke (willcooke!~willcooke@ubuntu/member/willcooke) has quit (Quit: Do your hobbies)
[20:20:43] paul-h: tgm4883: sorry got distracted – my guess would be qmake isn't being found at all on those failing builds but why did it work previously?
[20:23:56] warpme (warpme! has joined #mythtv
[20:25:46] warpme: paul-h: FYI: . . . f8ec76b56371 gives me segfault at BE start. Here is trace: Reverting it fixes problem. I'm on current master and Qt5.5.1
[20:28:14] natanojl (natanojl!~jonatan@mythtv/developer/natanojl) has joined #mythtv
[20:31:28] dekarl: warpme: looks like gCoreContext->GetPluginManager(); returned a NULL pointer
[20:31:34] superm1: enyc: gdb is needed during build? I've never heard of that. There are plenty of apps that strip symbols without it in build env Can you elaborate more?
[20:31:52] paul-h: tgm4883: added some extra debugging to configure – if the version check is failing you will something like 'found qmake at /usr/lib64/qt5/bin/qmake but version failed' followed by the version found
[20:32:58] paul-h: if you don't see any of those but you still see the 'qmake for Qt5.2 or newer not found.\nPlease specify the correct qmake with --qmake=' then configure is not finding any version of qmake
[20:33:55] paul-h: in that case we would need to know where it is located so we can add it to the locations we check for qmake
[20:34:50] MythBuild: build #1936 of master-fedora-32bit is complete: Failure [4failed configure core compile core] Build details are at . . . /builds/1936 blamelist: Paul Harrison < >
[20:37:14] MythBuild: build #302 of master-fedora-armv7hl is complete: Failure [4failed configure core compile core] Build details are at . . . l/builds/302 blamelist: Paul Harrison < >
[20:37:41] MythBuild: build #71 of master-archlinux-64bit is complete: Failure [4failed configure core compile core] Build details are at . . . it/builds/71 blamelist: Paul Harrison < >
[20:37:55] enyc: superm1: yes, its' being used, and others (stuart?) installde gdb because otherwise you get gdb not found .... err let me find you a buildlog
[20:38:54] peterbennett (peterbennett! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[20:46:59] enyc: superm1: at least, it is on fixes/0.27 build
[20:47:14] enyc: superm1: . . . uild-log.txt <- search for 'gdb'
[20:47:42] enyc: "{ test -z "" || cd ""; } && test $(gdb --version | sed -e 's,[^0–9][^0–9]*\([0–9]\)\.\([0–9]\).*,\1\2,;q') -gt 72 && gdb --nx --batch --quiet -ex 'set confirm off' -ex "save gdb-index ." -ex quit '' && test -f && objcopy --add-section '' --set-section-flags '.gdb_index=readonly' '' '' && rm -f libmythmu
[20:47:48] enyc: || true"
[21:01:04] dekarl: paul-h: try "-e" instead of "-f"? I bet qmake can be a symlink instead of a regular file
[21:02:13] dekarl: or maybe -x as we want to run it
[21:04:36] dekarl: e.g. mentions the symlinks instead of executables in /usr/bin
[21:06:46] paul-h: dekarl: ok thanks – my other thought was we needed to use `which qmake-qt5` for the first one we search?
[21:07:34] paul-h: I'll have a look once I figure out what's warpme's problem is
[21:14:52] dekarl: good question. "test -f qmake-qt5" will likely fail.
[21:15:23] dekarl: also for $qmake if its "qmake"
[21:19:43] superm1: enyc: oh for ffmpeg stuff
[21:20:24] enyc: superm1: and libmythmusic according to what i quoted above too ??
[21:20:52] superm1: enyc: this is a build from 0.28: . . . LDING.txt.gz
[21:20:55] superm1: thta was successful
[21:21:00] superm1: i didn't see mentions of it complaining there
[21:21:10] enyc: superm1: with gdb _not_ installed ?
[21:21:14] superm1: unless it's hidden behind unverbose build commands
[21:21:20] superm1: with no gdb installed
[21:21:28] enyc: superm1: my 0.28 builds similarly didn't mentione gdb
[21:21:31] enyc: superm1: but 0.27 does
[21:21:37] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has joined #mythtv
[21:21:41] enyc: superm1: is this 'correct' — does anybody know what is really going on
[21:22:53] superm1: at least to me it looked like ffmpeg used to be using gdb to add some extra debug section, but the right expert really needs to comment
[21:23:12] enyc: does anybody know who the right expert is? ;-)
[21:33:53] warpme (warpme! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[21:43:54] dmfrey (dmfrey!~dmfrey@ has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
[22:01:38] natanojl: superm1, enyc: It depends on the Qt version, . . . f4efc44d168c
[22:04:41] enyc: natanojl: aha, hence whe it wasn't obvious to people wherit was coming from
[22:04:46] enyc: natanojl: thankyou!
[22:05:23] natanojl: enyc: You are welcome!
[22:07:30] superm1: and that also confirms that it probably doesn't make sense to go out of the way to install gdb
[22:08:03] enyc: superm1: we should either disable the _use_ of it or make in a build-dep, so wthat whatever happens packages built are consistent on any distro version etc.
[22:08:55] superm1: but so even on 0.27 has it caused bad debug symbols?
[22:09:01] superm1: or just ugly error messages
[22:09:23] enyc: certainly errors ....
[22:09:33] enyc: buildd people seemed to notice them and install gdb manually
[22:09:46] enyc: which then creates inconsistency if some people do and some don't care for the error, for example
[22:10:43] enyc: if its' not easy to disable i would much rather make the minor change to add the build-dep so all package-builds are consistent in that regard to avoid needless headscraptching later
[22:11:13] enyc: (its' not "going out of the way" in my view, its just an auto build-dep like anything else)
[22:11:49] natanojl (natanojl!~jonatan@mythtv/developer/natanojl) has quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[22:11:59] enyc: natanojl: is there a sensible way to turn that gdb-index off in calling older qtmake versions without rebuilding qt itself?
[22:12:45] tgm4883: superm1: failed again . . . LDING.txt.gz
[22:12:47] tgm4883: same error
[22:13:17] tgm4883: so it just can't find qmake it seems
[22:14:31] superm1: tgm4883: that's a commit with paul's fix?
[22:14:41] tgm4883: superm1: should be, I just pushed the build
[22:14:47] tgm4883: and it just failed in the last 15 minutes
[22:14:49] superm1: i think his commit is only on master IIRC
[22:15:00] tgm4883: ah
[22:15:03] tgm4883: sec
[22:15:44] tgm4883: looks like the source builds are still running
[22:15:45] tgm4883: hmm
[22:15:48] enyc: superm1: r.e. 0.27 and debug-symbols, example in . . . 27-20160214/ <-- definitely errors on gdb, how would I check the debug symbols?
[22:16:17] superm1: enyc: install mythtv-dbg from your compile there
[22:16:21] superm1: and then try to use gdb like normal
[22:16:34] superm1: see if it's useful
[22:16:43] tgm4883: superm1: looks like it's still uploading 0.29
[22:17:18] enyc: superm1: humm err arr err never done such things no idea on using gdb
[22:17:48] paul-h (paul-h!~Paul@ has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[22:22:43] enyc: superm1: ok i have my trusty-amd64 manualbuild 0.27.6 installed, need to know what todo with gdb or how to tell its' useful
[22:30:36] MythBuild: build #73 of master-archlinux-64bit is complete: Success [3build successful] Build details are at . . . it/builds/73
[22:34:01] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[22:39:28] superm1: tgm4883: i think paul-h's fix might have done it
[22:39:33] superm1: because this build is much further along
[22:39:34] superm1: . . . uild/9027467
[22:40:09] tgm4883: possibly, I was watching the xenial build . . . uild/9027455
[22:40:16] superm1: oh wait, but that's not right
[22:40:19] superm1: we need arm64
[22:40:21] superm1: not armhf
[22:40:23] superm1: armhf was fine
[22:41:04] tgm4883: qmake: could not find a Qt installation of ''
[22:41:08] tgm4883: there's your problem
[22:41:50] tgm4883: found qmake at /usr/bin/qmake but version failed
[22:41:50] tgm4883: qmake: could not find a Qt installation of ''
[22:41:50] tgm4883: got version:
[22:41:56] tgm4883: wth is it trying to do there
[22:43:24] superm1: how did you find that?
[22:44:27] tgm4883: . . . LDING.txt.gz
[22:44:40] tgm4883: superm1: that's the new stuff paul-h added
[22:44:55] superm1: oh good
[22:45:40] superm1: ok so /usr/bin/qmake is a symlink to qtchooser isn't it?
[22:46:22] tgm4883: IDK
[22:46:48] MythBuild: build #1939 of master-fedora-32bit is complete: Success [3build successful] Build details are at . . . /builds/1939
[22:47:41] enyc: superm1: on trusty-amd64, link other way round but same binary
[23:06:49] amessina (amessina!~amessina@unaffiliated/amessina) has joined #mythtv
[23:21:19] raven42 (raven42! has joined #mythtv
[23:30:48] Roklobotomy (Roklobotomy! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[23:43:34] Roklobsta (Roklobsta! has joined #mythtv

IRC Logs collected by BeirdoBot.
Please use the above link to report any bugs.