:: #mythtv

Daily chat history

Current users (84):

aloril, amessina, Anssi, anykey_, Beirdo, Ben64, brfransen, bsilvereagle, CaCtus491, Captain_Murdoch, Chutt, clever, coling, Cougar, danielk22, dblain, dekarl, eharris, ElmerFudd, f33dMB, foobum, foxbuntu, ghoti, gregL, GreyFoxx, IReboot, J-e-f-f-A, jams, jarle, jarryd, jheizer, joe___, joki, jpabq_, jpharvey, jst, jwhite, kenni, knightr, kurre2, kwmonroe, laga, lvmer, mag0o, monkeypet, moodboom, mrand, MythBuild, MythLogBot, neufeld_AFK, NightMonkey, Peitolm, Peps, petefunk, poptix, purserj, rsiebert_, Seeker`, seld, shadowone, Sharky112065, skd5aner, sl1ce, Slasher`, SmallR2002, sphery, sraue, stuarta, stuartm, superm1, sutula, taylorr, tgm4883, tonsofpcs, tris, Vernon_at_work, wagnerrp, wahrhaft, waynemcdougall, wolfgang1, xavierh, XDS2010_, yoyolala, _charly_
Tuesday, December 4th, 2012, 00:05 UTC
[00:05:02] darkstarbyte (darkstarbyte!~branden@ has joined #mythtv
[00:05:09] darkstarbyte (darkstarbyte!~branden@ has left #mythtv ("Leaving")
[00:09:45] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[00:19:00] peper03 (peper03! has quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
[00:20:48] stichnot (stichnot!stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has joined #mythtv
[00:31:51] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[00:32:12] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[00:36:43] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Client Quit)
[00:39:25] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[01:33:10] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightrMon@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[01:38:55] sraue (sraue!~stephan@xbmc/staff/sraue) has quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[01:40:24] IReboot (IReboot! has quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[01:47:30] waynemcdougall (waynemcdougall! has quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
[01:51:48] sraue_ (sraue_! has joined #mythtv
[01:52:20] sraue_ is now known as sraue
[01:52:32] sraue (sraue! has quit (Changing host)
[01:52:32] sraue (sraue!~stephan@xbmc/staff/sraue) has joined #mythtv
[01:55:04] gigem (gigem!~david@mythtv/developer/gigem) has quit (Quit: WeeChat 0.3.8)
[01:56:33] gigem (gigem! has joined #mythtv
[01:56:33] gigem (gigem! has quit (Changing host)
[01:56:33] gigem (gigem!~david@mythtv/developer/gigem) has joined #mythtv
[01:59:10] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[02:11:50] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightrMon@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has joined #mythtv
[02:16:57] jpabq: gigem: when I had a ReplayTV it allowed allowed for 1hr.
[02:20:27] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightrMon@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has quit (Quit: Body blow! Body blow!)
[02:28:46] stichnot (stichnot!stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has quit (Ping timeout: 246 seconds)
[02:32:25] waynemcdougall (waynemcdougall! has joined #mythtv
[02:42:07] rsiebert_ (rsiebert_!~quassel@ has joined #mythtv
[02:45:04] rsiebert (rsiebert! has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[02:59:35] SmallR2002 (SmallR2002! has joined #mythtv
[03:20:23] xris: kenni: I don't think there should be any trouble
[03:39:11] gigem: jpabq: 1hr seems a bit excessive. Maybe I should make it a setting! :) I still have to see what I need to do in mythweb, so you all have another day or two to speak up. We now have suggestions of 5/10, 15 an 60 minutes.
[04:13:43] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[04:22:38] waynemcdougall (waynemcdougall! has quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
[04:30:48] sphery: gigem: I vote you make any decision (at all) and those who need something else can do custom/power recording rules... I'd think 5min would meet the needs of a good 99% of cases (and you could even go with 15min if you like), which should be a good improvement. Worst case, someone starts an Occupy MythTV movement...
[04:31:49] sphery: besides, when it's sports-related delays, they seldom actually have updated start times, so we don't need to account for large delays for that
[04:35:09] sphery: (i.e. for those reading, this is just for the replacement for the timeslot rules--i.e. the episode started at 9:00 when I created the rule, but this week's episode is at 9:01 or 9:03 or ...)
[04:35:49] sphery: that is, it's shown in the listings as starting at 9:01--this is unrelated to when it actually starts :)
[04:44:29] tonsofpcs: sphery: eh, CBS last night had a show delayed 30 minutes (in the guide data!) due to sporting event.... sure, it still started 11 minutes after that but the guide was 30m late.
[04:44:40] tonsofpcs: *30m later than usual
[04:45:55] tonsofpcs: honestly, I'd rather an easy to set "new episodes at any time" filter than a "fuzzy this time" filter
[05:01:31] stichnot (stichnot! has joined #mythtv
[05:01:31] stichnot (stichnot!~stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has joined #mythtv
[05:01:31] stichnot (stichnot! has quit (Changing host)
[05:05:36] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@pdpc/supporter/active/moodboom) has quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
[05:08:51] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@pdpc/supporter/active/moodboom) has joined #mythtv
[05:13:30] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@pdpc/supporter/active/moodboom) has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[05:35:12] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
[05:46:22] gigem: sphery: Fine with me.
[05:47:11] gigem: tonsofpcs: The new episode/repeats flag can be very easy depending on the theme. I think Steppes puts it on the main schedule editor screen.
[05:59:29] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@ has joined #mythtv
[05:59:30] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@ has quit (Changing host)
[05:59:30] moodboom (moodboom!~moodboom@pdpc/supporter/active/moodboom) has joined #mythtv
[06:01:36] tonsofpcs: gigem: from the ones I've tried, I need to set a recording then change settings of it, then go into some other settings page, then there I set it to be new only... on my cable DVR I press record, choose "record series", then "record new episodes" (which is the default if the selected episode is new)
[06:08:30] Goga777 (Goga777! has joined #mythtv
[06:21:16] jya (jya! has joined #mythtv
[06:21:16] jya (jya! has quit (Changing host)
[06:21:16] jya (jya!~jyavenard@mythtv/developer/jya) has joined #mythtv
[06:37:05] Goga777 (Goga777! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[07:20:53] henkpoley (henkpoley! has joined #mythtv
[07:29:57] FabriceMG (FabriceMG!~Thunderbi@ has joined #mythtv
[08:02:22] henkpoley (henkpoley! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[08:06:54] jya (jya!~jyavenard@mythtv/developer/jya) has quit (Quit: jya)
[08:12:55] aloril (aloril! has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[08:25:46] aloril (aloril!~aloril@ has joined #mythtv
[09:01:43] bas-t (bas-t! has joined #mythtv
[09:02:46] Merlin83b (Merlin83b!~Daniel@2a00:1ee0:3:1337:49e7:5492:4060:fd2d) has joined #mythtv
[09:03:12] eharris (eharris! has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[09:04:33] waynemcdougall (waynemcdougall! has joined #mythtv
[09:04:58] eharris (eharris! has joined #mythtv
[09:33:30] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[09:43:34] peper03 (peper03! has joined #mythtv
[09:54:56] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[10:22:44] jpabq_ (jpabq_!~quassel@mythtv/developer/jpabq) has joined #mythtv
[10:23:36] jpabq (jpabq!~quassel@mythtv/developer/jpabq) has quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
[10:38:19] stuartm: I think it needs to be at least 15 minutes, if programmes get moved around in guide data it's not because of sports events overrunning – those are last minute changes, it's generally because of some other special event
[10:38:59] stuartm: e.g. the last, extra long episode of a series is airing before that
[10:41:30] stuartm: planned timeslot shifts in the UK usually move at least 15 minute increments (15/30/45/60), 30 minutes would be safer – 60 minutes is likely to result in the wrong episode being recorded in cases where they show a new episode following by an old repeat
[10:43:46] stuartm: that's not to say I've never seen 60 minute shifts
[11:20:44] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[11:34:23] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[11:44:51] peper03: Is there any downside to removing line 4498 in avformatdecoder.cpp? That's what's causing problems in DVD still menus with audio.
[11:44:55] peper03: . . . er.cpp#L4498
[11:47:10] peper03: I wouldn't want to screw up some other source but I can't see that leaving the kDecodeAudio bit set would cause problems if no audio track is selected/available.
[11:55:31] stuartm: peper03: still menus with audio, or still menus without audio? What are the symptoms?
[11:55:59] Sharky112065 is now known as Sharky-Sleep
[11:56:31] peper03: stuartm: still menus with audio. Depending on the exact preconditions, still menus with audio can be skipped completely.
[11:57:02] stuartm: ah ok
[11:59:13] stuartm: I think we'd need to dig back through the commits to find out where that line was added and why
[11:59:31] stuartm: we could always add a DVD specific exception
[11:59:58] peper03: The problem is that on entry to the menu stream there is no audio stream so the kDecodeAudio bit gets reset. Because we have a still frame, we don't get any video packets but the first packet that gets processed causes ScanStreams to be called, which adds the audio stream.
[12:00:45] peper03: Unfortunately, the kDecodeAudio bit doesn't get set again and we process neither audio nor video and the menu times out within a few tenths of a second.
[12:04:40] peper03: stuartm: I'm looking again for the commit but it's pretty old. At least 2009.
[12:06:20] stuartm: 2005
[12:06:31] stuartm: . . . 778ab09649f4
[12:08:49] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[12:09:03] stuartm: I can't think of a scenario where we only want to decode video but not audio, except maybe commercial flagging, therefore we should really be toggling audio decoding back on when we re-detect an audio stream
[12:09:32] stuartm: that won't fix the DVD case but it would fix a corner case where audio never resumes
[12:13:03] peper03: Yes, toggling audio decoding back on was another thought I had. Keep a copy of the original decodetype value and turn kDecodeAudio back on at the same point if an audio track is found and audio decoding had been turned off.
[12:13:43] stuartm: would work?
[12:15:23] peper03: Setting allowedquit to true in ScanStreams works too but that seems a bit brute-force and may cause a slight short stutter in playback if too few video frames have been buffered when the audio returns.
[12:15:32] stuartm: peper03: yeah, I'd probably still do that, but it's possible it may break again in future, at the very least we need a comment in there about DVD still frames
[12:15:45] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has joined #mythtv
[12:16:36] IReboot (IReboot!~doug@ has joined #mythtv
[12:17:14] peper03: I don't think calling 'IsInStillFrame will work. Although it is only a still frame, it isn't marked as such. You don't get a 'DVDNAV_STILL' event. I think that's only for a still without audio.
[12:18:13] peper03: It seems to be triggered by a 'new sequence' but I don't really understand how that stuff works. That seems to decode the same packet again 'to stop it being removed'?!
[12:19:09] stuartm: that's interesting, IsInDiscMenuOrStillFrame() perhaps – the re-addition of the audio is the first thing I'd implement though
[12:19:45] peper03: tbh I'm amazed anyone got anything working with dvdlibnav. I've not managed to find any decent documentation anywhere. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place :)
[12:20:19] stuartm: no, there's no documentation, it's a PITA to work with
[12:21:34] peper03: Yup! It all seems to be a case of analyzing other projects to see how they handle things, or looking in the libdvdnav code itself, which isn't for the faint-hearted :)
[12:22:47] peper03: The IsInDiscMenuOrStillFrame would probably be better but it possible that we could get the same problem if a still frame with audio appears in the 'main' title.
[12:23:14] stuartm: I think some understanding of DVD structure and authoring would definitely help, in the past I've only ever focused on small issues and whatever fragments of the spec I can find online
[12:23:32] peper03: There probably aren't many DVDs like that around but it's one way to do a slideshow DVD.
[12:24:42] peper03: I think even knowing the structure doesn't necessarily help you know when the library is going to send an event, or what you should *do* with that event.
[12:25:27] peper03: Some events, maybe, but not all. You can look through other people's code but there's no guarantee they're doing it right, either!
[12:31:19] peper03: I think then, the best solution is to re-enable the audio decoding when an audio stream re-appears. I guess that needs to be done by checking the original value of decodetype as you wouldn't want to enable it if it wasn't enabled before, would you?
[12:35:32] stuartm: that would be safest :)
[12:37:57] peper03: Ok, it should be a reasonably easy patch but I probably can't get to it until either later or possibly tomorrow. I'd like to try out some other combinations too (like the slideshow type DVD).
[12:39:24] peper03: If I can create another small test DVD, should I attach that to the ticket again? At worst it proves the patch works for that case. It's a bit harder to prove it works for all other cases too :)
[13:10:35] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[13:17:43] stuartm: peper03: how big? If it's under 50MB then upload it here –
[13:21:28] ThisOneGuy (ThisOneGuy! has quit ()
[13:34:08] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[13:38:04] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey!~steve@ has joined #mythtv
[13:45:43] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey!~steve@ has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[13:50:02] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[13:58:49] peper03: stuartm: Easily under 50MB. Probably just 3 or 4MB.
[14:13:05] stuartm: sent you an email, we're trying to build up a quantity of different samples in one place which we can latter use for regression testing
[14:21:03] Jordack (Jordack! has joined #mythtv
[14:25:21] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@ has joined #mythtv
[14:25:21] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@ has quit (Changing host)
[14:25:21] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[14:26:21] peper03: stuartm: Ok, got it and signed up. I've uploaded the palette test DVD I created for #11265. As soon as I get more sorted/created I'll upload them too.
[14:26:21] ** MythLogBot **
[14:47:05] stuartm: apparently the limit is 100MB, not 50
[14:52:03] stuartm: oh, no even better 250MB, they increased it yesterday
[14:52:58] stuartm: gigem: fwiw ^^ since I know you ran into this limit the other day
[14:53:54] uglyoldbob (uglyoldbob!~quassel@ has joined #mythtv
[14:56:44] peper03: 250MB per file or in total? Either way that should be plenty for starters!
[14:58:20] stuartm: per file, the account has a 50GB total
[15:04:12] bas-t (bas-t! has quit ()
[15:04:33] stuartm: these were some free business accounts that Bei_rdo was offered, they have the 'Business' level functionality but are capped to the low per-file limit because they were free
[15:14:09] yoyolala (yoyolala!~yoyolala@unaffiliated/yoyolala) has joined #mythtv
[15:28:00] peper03: If I hit 50GB worth of sample DVDs, I'll probably understand the code far better than I want to :)
[15:31:28] uglyoldbob (uglyoldbob!~quassel@ has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
[15:45:45] Goga777 (Goga777! has joined #mythtv
[16:12:12] gregL (gregL! has quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
[16:19:49] gregL (gregL! has joined #mythtv
[16:34:46] stichnot (stichnot!~stichnot@ has joined #mythtv
[16:34:46] stichnot (stichnot!~stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has joined #mythtv
[16:34:46] stichnot (stichnot!~stichnot@ has quit (Changing host)
[16:37:52] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[16:39:46] stichnot: stuartm: can you send me details about the video collection for regression testing?
[16:39:56] stichnot: I have at least one sample to contribute
[16:45:36] Goga777 (Goga777! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[16:46:23] stuartm: stichnot: emailed, it's not much more than the idea atm, all samples welcome though and any description to go with the file – expectations of what should or shouldn't be seen, codec/resolution etc would be good, that should allow us to catalogue properly
[16:46:50] stuartm: if it relates to a particular ticket, open or closed then reference that too
[16:47:36] danielk22: Anyone have an idea how to tackle a warning like we get for yuv2rgb.cpp:91 ?
[16:48:07] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has joined #mythtv
[16:48:48] danielk22: We already tell C++ that it is a long long constant, but because it is in hex and > 0xf000000000000000 the compiler is upset.
[16:48:56] stichnot: stuartm: got it, thanks.
[16:49:41] danielk22: stuartm: I have some clips I could donate, but more if it is sitting on one PC than if they are public samples...
[16:50:36] gigem: tonsofpcs: You can do that already with Steppes. It puts the record new/repeats switch on the main schedule editor screen. It's not the new episode filter, but it's essentially the same.
[16:50:46] FabriceMG (FabriceMG!~Thunderbi@ has quit (Quit: FabriceMG)
[16:53:17] stuartm: danielk22: for the moment I'm using the account, that's not public but is accessible to anyone added as a collaborator (you are already on that list), the samples are also restricted to 250MB
[16:53:28] gigem: stuartm: Please remember that one intention of the recording rule changes is to discourage the time/weekslot mentality and get users to use channel/all rules. I'm sure sphery will concur. I suppose, though, I shoudlnt' make the filters fuzzy to further discourage that mentality.
[16:53:49] stuartm: it may not be perfect but it's a start and better than we've managed to come up with in years of talking about such things
[16:55:19] stuartm: gigem: I was forgetting that, even though I was one of the first to suggest ditching them as rule types :)
[16:57:31] stuartm: danielk22: unfortunately I cannot see a why with Box to give upload-only access
[17:01:18] stuartm: but what I can do is create a folder purely for uploads and then move the files to another restricted folder
[17:05:10] stichnot (stichnot!~stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[17:14:03] tonsofpcs: gigem: but it shouldn't be an extra switch beyond record... I should be able to "record one" "record all" or "record new" with a single 'swich'
[17:14:20] tonsofpcs: timeslot should be the 'advanced' / separate selection
[17:27:56] stuartm: peper03: do you know if the VM remembers which menu were last in, e.g. so it returns to the episode menu when exiting playback and not the root menu?
[17:29:45] stuartm: just wondering about improving the behaviour when BACK is used during playback, so that it exits to the last used menu instead of the title/root menus
[17:41:46] Merlin83b (Merlin83b!~Daniel@2a00:1ee0:3:1337:49e7:5492:4060:fd2d) has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[17:43:45] stichnot (stichnot!stichnot@nat/google/x-slaprxrtwqsstygo) has joined #mythtv
[17:43:45] stichnot (stichnot!stichnot@mythtv/developer/stichnot) has joined #mythtv
[17:43:45] stichnot (stichnot!stichnot@nat/google/x-slaprxrtwqsstygo) has quit (Changing host)
[17:46:53] stichnot: stuartm, peper03: It's been a long time since I authored a DVD, but I'm pretty sure the behavior of where to go at the end of playback is defined by the author
[17:48:00] stichnot: For example, on a multi-episode DVD, you can say that after playing episode N, return to a particular menu with episode N+1 highlighted
[17:48:57] stichnot: So I can't think of an easy way for BACK to work as you suggest
[17:50:04] stichnot: unless you can capture a snapshot of the VM state at an appropriate point and restore it when BACK is executed
[17:52:56] wolfgang1 (wolfgang1! has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[17:53:22] stichnot: stuartm: did you mean to include the mythplayer.cpp change as part of the BACK commit? it doesn't seem to match the description.
[17:55:42] wolfgang1 (wolfgang1! has joined #mythtv
[18:02:34] gigem: tonsofpcs: I'm not really sure what you're advocating. It sounds like you want a single spin-box with choices like "record one", "record all", "record some subset of programs with my favorite options", "record some other subset of programs with my other favorite options", etc. If that's anywhere near correct, it ain't gonna happen. Please go look at what options the Steppes theme presents. If you have
[18:02:37] gigem: realistic suggestions after doing that, let's hear them.
[18:06:57] stuartm: stichnot: oh feck
[18:13:36] stuartm: stichnot: I was thinking more along the lines of going to that point, I could have expressed it better
[18:15:27] stuartm: although that's probably not going to work well when the place it wants to take you are the post-movie copyright still frames :(
[18:16:17] amessina_ (amessina_!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[18:17:43] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[18:19:12] amessina_ is now known as amessina
[18:19:29] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Client Quit)
[18:19:45] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[18:27:38] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightrMon@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has joined #mythtv
[18:32:59] natanojl (natanojl! has joined #mythtv
[18:45:24] dekarl (dekarl! has quit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
[18:48:11] bas-t (bas-t! has joined #mythtv
[18:48:49] tonsofpcs: gigem: I expect a spinner "Record One" "Record New" "Record All" – any further options should be 'advanced'. "Record New" isn't a complex system from a user perspective and shouldn't require tweaking per-recording.
[18:49:40] Chutt_ is now known as Chutt
[18:50:08] dekarl (dekarl! has joined #mythtv
[18:51:39] danielk22: Hmm, QTBUG-27195 + a problem with the file deletion code could lead to some strange behavior after a while.
[18:52:51] danielk22: If the number of open descriptors exceeds FD_SETSIZE (usually about 1024) the Qt event loops stop functioning correctly.
[18:53:21] stuartm: danielk22, stuarta: to fix the proper way we should stop automatically sticking the content of the short event descriptor into the subtitle field and use fixups instead, but since it seems a lot of broadcasters put the episode name as the only context of the SED a much simpler change would be a specific fixup for Danish network ids
[18:53:39] stuartm: so what do you think, fix it the right way or the easy way?
[18:54:37] danielk22: I can't think of any reason not to do it the easy way...
[18:57:05] stuartm: the EIT specs say that the SED should contain a short description, they don't specify the episode name so what the Danes are doing isn't wrong but given the status quo I'm definitely leaning towards the quick fix
[18:57:30] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[18:58:23] joki- (joki-! has joined #mythtv
[18:58:31] joki (joki! has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[18:58:32] joki- is now known as joki
[18:58:40] stuartm: so, kenni do you think you could help? network IDs for DVB-T? Maybe even test the fix?
[18:59:04] stuartm: I'm not sure if it only applies to some channels or all of them
[18:59:46] stuartm: we could just check the length of the string and the presence of any newlines, but that would be hit and miss
[19:02:13] danielk22: Any one have an idea why we have two copies of "goom" in the tree?
[19:05:37] stuartm: danielk22: before Mark left he was in the process of moving visulisations into the core where they could be used for radio recordings etc as well as music, the idea was eventually that mythmusic would use the mythplayer code instead of duplicating decoding/playback functionality
[19:09:05] peper03: stuartm: stichnot is right. I don't think there's any concept of 'back' on a DVD. You could fudge it by trying to catch movement from one menu to another and then restore that as stichnot suggested but whether it could be done reliably is another question.
[19:10:15] stuartm: peper03: yeah, it doesn't see worth then work it would involve
[19:14:04] peper03: If you could recognize when you had a DVD it wasn't going to work on, you could probably get away with it but the chances are you wouldn't be able to. Making a snapshot of the complete VM should stop it getting into an inconsistent state but if you end up in the wrong place, it would just create tickets :)
[19:15:02] stichnot: stuartm: this doesn't answer danielk22's question, but I wanted to mention that it would also be useful to use a visualizer in the cutlist editor simply to give a better indication of frames that are blank AND silent, to get cleaner cuts
[19:15:32] stuartm: yeah, I had assumed that there was a 'back' action we could leverage, absent that it's not really an option
[19:15:58] stichnot: current problem is that the visualizer code assumes mono or stereo analog audio, but e.g. AC3 audio just appears random when treated that way
[19:16:12] stuartm: stichnot: isn't there a patch in trac to do something like that?
[19:17:04] stichnot: stuartm: you mean visualizer in the cutlist editor? yeah, but it has the problem I mentioned
[19:17:11] stuartm:
[19:17:21] peper03: danielk22: Did you see the conversation I had with stuartm earlier about disabling/re-enabling audio decoding in avformatdecoder? You made the original commit that added that functionality. How's your memory on commits from 2005? :)
[19:19:59] toeb (toeb! has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
[19:23:26] Sharky-Sleep is now known as Sharky112065
[19:23:36] stichnot: stuartm: yeah, that's it. IIRC, Lawrence's patch has massive duplication of existing code. And see my comment 7 – if the existing visualizer were properly themable, it could just be added to the osd_program_editor window of osd.xml
[19:25:46] stichnot: but if the audio visualizer were fixed for all manner of audio types, then I would push ahead on the theming idea
[19:31:58] stuartm: one of the goals was to eventually have a video widget that could be used anywhere in the frontend, previews of the selected recording, visualisations in mythmusic etc
[19:33:17] stuartm: Mark was working towards that, but I never knew exactly how he planned to do it, especially since libmythtv now depends on libmythui, so you can just create a tv instance in libmythui
[19:34:30] stuartm: I mean it would probably involve having mythui send an event to trigger the display of a video/visualisation at a set of coordinates, that way mythui doesn't need to link libmythtv
[19:45:40] gigem: tonsofpcs: It sounds like you want a dialog with minimal options in front/instead of the schedule editor as is done for programs that are already scheduled. With a revised theme like Steppes, I don't think that's necessary, but I wouldn't oppose it if enough other developers liked it.
[19:52:39] yoyolala (yoyolala!~yoyolala@unaffiliated/yoyolala) has quit (Quit: leaving)
[19:53:11] yoyolala (yoyolala!~yoyolala@unaffiliated/yoyolala) has joined #mythtv
[19:55:34] stuartm: I do like the simplicity, it's pretty much how Tivo and other DVRs operate, I can't see any relatives having trouble understanding it at Christmas etc
[19:58:39] stuartm: if we had a simple UI like that I'd have the RECORD button show that in the guide, instead of toggling through the options without prominently showing what the user is doing as most themes do now
[20:03:13] gigem: Agree RECORD cycling through the rule types is just wrong. What then would be the difference between pressing RECORD and ENTER/OK?
[20:10:07] stuartm: I guess if there were to be any difference, RECORD would show simple UI offering just those three options in a popup menu, and the other the advanced (current) editor? Maybe it's not really necessary to have a difference but that would instantly cater for both camps – those that want it simple and those who want what we've got now
[20:11:45] stuartm: it would keep RECORD almost as fast as it is now, the three option menu popups up, you select which you want and hit OK, but with a better sense of which option you are choosing
[20:12:06] tonsofpcs: stuartm: yea, the 'popup' seems more user-friendly. I'm just getting back into Myth after trying years ago but it seems a bit convoluted with differing UI schemes depending on what button you push...
[20:13:46] tonsofpcs: the DVR I use on cable has "record" simply toggle record on/off for future shows and pop up the menu for in-progress shows while enter goes to the menu for future shows and changes channel for current shows.... which is just as confusing. record doing one thing all the time would be great. enter doing something different for a future show (like a menu for "record" "record all" "record new" "remind me when this is on" or ...
[20:13:53] tonsofpcs: ... somesuch) and simply tuning for shows now seems like a valid 'flow'
[20:14:00] stuartm: there's not a radical difference, and I think it's a bit better than everyone having to go through an 'Advanced' button the the simple screen to get to the present list of 'Storage/Recording Options', do it that way and you've just making it harder to get at those options
[20:15:10] danielk22: stuartm: There are some define problems showing up in the cppcheck report that push the file and line numbers too far to the right. Can we just limit the length of the description list.
[20:15:14] gigem: EDIT already goes straight to the editor.
[20:15:34] stuartm: danielk22: sure, I'll fix that shortly
[20:15:49] danielk22: thx
[20:17:12] stuartm: gigem: it does, my thought was simply that many remotes don't offer an EDIT binding, but they do provide both RECORD and OK/ENTER/SELECT, but I'm not really pushing any particular approach
[20:18:05] stuartm: danielk22: if Beirdo should make an appearance I'll see if he can find time to upgrade cppcheck on the buildbot too
[20:18:45] stuartm: I think we're 2–3 versions behind, they release every 2 months
[20:23:35] bas-t (bas-t! has quit ()
[20:26:43] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has joined #mythtv
[20:29:26] stuartm: MythBuild: build force cppcheck-master now
[20:29:34] stuartm: MythBuild: force build cppcheck-master now
[20:29:35] MythBuild: build forced [ETA 1m11s]
[20:29:35] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[20:30:47] MythBuild: Hey! build cppcheck-master #1570 is complete: Success [3build successful]
[20:30:47] ** MythLogBot **
[20:30:47] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . /builds/1570
[20:32:40] stuartm: that didn't really work as well as it should
[20:36:21] danielk22: stuartm: [98b1a775] appears to have a couple buffer overflow problem on network data. It is using sscanf on untrusted data!
[20:36:37] danielk22: It does look better. :)
[20:39:22] stuartm: MythBuild: force build cppcheck-master now
[20:39:22] MythBuild: build forced [ETA 1m12s]
[20:39:22] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[20:39:56] stuartm: danielk22: I've added a regexp to insert spaces after each semi-colon, that should allow it to wrap properly
[20:40:15] stuartm:
[20:40:27] MythBuild: build #1571 of cppcheck-master is complete: Failure [4failed shell_1] Build details are at . . . /builds/1571
[20:45:13] danielk22: Captain_Murdoch: I was just looking at avformatwriter.cpp because of some uninitialized pointers found by cppcheck. I'm pushing a fix for that shortly, but I also noticed a different problem.
[20:46:10] danielk22: av_register_all() and avcodec_register_all() are called without the avcodeclock being held. That will definitely cause races.
[20:47:03] danielk22: It also looks like the lock is taken in the AVFormatWriter destructor, but I don't see any call there that clobbers libav globals.
[20:47:44] stuartm: MythBuild: force build cppcheck-master now
[20:47:45] MythBuild: build forced [ETA 1m12s]
[20:47:45] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[20:48:49] MythBuild: build #1572 of cppcheck-master is complete: Success [3build successful] Build details are at . . . /builds/1572
[20:49:20] stuartm: hmm, why did that not work
[20:50:00] danielk22: stuartm: it's honestly much better already.. :)
[20:50:19] danielk22: Maybe we can just address those 'errors' :P
[20:50:29] peper03: Is anything in particular holding back #11238? If more work/info is needed, I'm happy to do it but it would make life less stressful if my production box didn't shutdown when it shouldn't :)
[20:57:19] stuartm: MythBuild: force build cppcheck-master now One last spin
[20:57:20] MythBuild: build forced [ETA 1m08s]
[20:57:20] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[20:58:24] MythBuild: Hey! build cppcheck-master #1573 is complete: Success [3build successful]
[20:58:24] ** MythLogBot **
[20:58:24] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . /builds/1573
[20:58:36] danielk22: Most of the 'compiler warnings' are now caused by autoconf spew rather than gcc :)
[20:59:27] stuartm: there we go, just forgot some perl regexp behaviour :)
[21:02:10] danielk22: ah, beautiful ;]
[21:02:25] stuartm: #if defined HAVE_CDIO
[21:04:16] stuartm: I'm betting cppcheck just doesn't recognise that but does know ifdef
[21:06:15] danielk22: Is "#if defined HAVE_CDIO" valid syntax?
[21:08:07] stuartm: google says yes
[21:08:43] danielk22: As does the cpp manual section 4.2.3
[21:09:05] stuartm: MythBuild: force build cppcheck-master now Test the theory
[21:09:06] MythBuild: build forced [ETA 1m06s]
[21:09:06] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[21:10:15] stuartm: if it _is_ that, it may be fixed in the latest cppcheck
[21:10:18] MythBuild: Hey! build cppcheck-master #1574 is complete: Success [3build successful]
[21:10:18] ** MythLogBot **
[21:10:19] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . /builds/1574
[21:10:37] gigem: stuartm: Okay. FWIW, my remote doesn't have a dedicated RECORD button (it can be on one of the pageable soft buttons) — and I don't miss it.
[21:11:15] stuartm: and no, that didn't prevent cppcheck warning about mismatched braces
[21:14:40] jheizer: Hey all. Pretty active in here today.
[21:15:03] jheizer: Some of you may have been in here last week where I mentioned I was working on a mobile web FE
[21:15:29] jheizer: I have made some good progress and hope to have something to release in the next week or two
[21:15:52] jheizer: which brnigs me back to the "approval" of a name for the side project
[21:16:28] jheizer: Mobile MythTV, Mobile MythTV FE, Mobile MythTV.Net... something along those lines
[21:16:39] danielk22: stuartm: at least some of these seem to have something to do with "extern "C" {" wrapped in #ifdef __cplusplus
[21:21:58] stuartm: danielk22: yeah, don't think I picked the easiest one to start with, I'll look at some others
[21:24:48] danielk22: jheizer: In general we don't like people using MythTV if it isn't part of the project. But are ok with things that interact with MythTV and use 'Myth'XXXX.
[21:26:10] jheizer: k may just go with Mobile Myth and be done
[21:26:14] jheizer: stupid names
[21:26:30] jheizer: Have to say Services API = AWESOME
[21:26:58] jheizer: I am having all kinds of issues on the video side, but not sure who's fault that is right now
[21:27:09] jheizer: but besides that it has been a breeze to work with
[21:27:19] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[21:29:16] jheizer: purged all my videos from the DB and let it rescan everything
[21:29:25] jheizer: and in turn did not pick up any meta data
[21:29:43] jheizer: but I very rarely used videos so sure I have something setup wrong some where
[21:31:11] wagnerrp: the scanner needs to be rewritten from scratch
[21:31:36] wagnerrp: it should work on most setups
[21:31:47] wagnerrp: but there are some weird bugs with it that don't make sense
[21:31:53] jheizer: haha
[21:31:59] jheizer: always works that way right?
[21:32:00] Beirdo: stuartm: I'll look at that tonight
[21:32:07] stuartm: thanks!
[21:32:12] ** wagnerrp says this as the most recent person to tinker with it **
[21:32:33] jheizer: not sure exactly what was wrong but the xml being returns was not able to be parsed by the .net service layer
[21:32:37] jheizer: although it looked ok to me
[21:33:13] zombor (zombor!~zombor__@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[21:33:20] jheizer: Forgot to remention it is an site so most people will shun it I assume
[21:33:37] jheizer: although I plan to make sure it runs fine under mono
[21:33:39] wagnerrp: most people wouldn't be able to use it
[21:33:50] wagnerrp: being linux users and all
[21:33:54] jheizer: yeah
[21:34:20] jheizer: I just had a quick need to fill and am much faster at .net than I am at php
[21:43:25] dmfrey (dmfrey! has joined #mythtv
[21:47:10] Jordack (Jordack! has quit ()
[21:49:17] amessina (amessina!~amessina@2001:470:c1dc:7779:d6be:d9ff:fe8d:7c1e) has joined #mythtv
[21:53:34] stuartm: danielk22: silenced two warnings by removing some unnecessary externs, but I can't actually find anything wrong with the use of #ifdef __cplusplus – except that they redundant in a predominantly cpp project
[21:53:51] danielk22: stuartm: It's all fixed now..
[21:53:52] stuartm: in all cases these are external code we've imported
[21:54:32] danielk22: What was happening with the extern "C" is that we were essentially doing extern "C" { extern "C" { } } which doesn't parse.
[21:55:11] danielk22: Normally the __cplusplus gets undefined inside the extern "C" but cppcheck doesn't do that...
[21:56:11] stuartm: danielk22: yeah, I spotted those, fixed and pushed – what's interesting is that you'd fixed two instances I'd also fixed and my --rebase meant I never saw the merge/conflict
[21:56:36] stuartm: . . . 8dfef656545c
[21:56:38] stuartm: . . . 3d8d71fd2ed1
[21:56:44] danielk22: heh, just lucky. We must have fixed it the exact same way.
[21:56:56] stuartm: my commit just got smaller on the rebase :)
[21:57:16] sl1ce (sl1ce!~johnathan@ has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[21:57:48] stuartm: it's not entirely quiet in cppcheck though, still complains about filter.h
[21:58:28] sl1ce (sl1ce! has joined #mythtv
[21:59:40] danielk22: stuartm: I don't see it.. & just did a reload.. what line?
[21:59:43] stuartm: I think we'll suppress mythgame/unzip.*
[21:59:55] stuartm: mythtv/libs/libmythtv/filter.h:118
[22:00:13] danielk22: bah, I'm looking at!
[22:00:57] jheizer: LOL
[22:02:06] stuartm: heh, I've not updated that in a year, since we got the buildbot going
[22:02:26] stuartm: << For those that are following along at home
[22:09:00] danielk22: stuartm: That filter.h macro is yucky, it is the same as the rdtsc() function we have in mythmiscutil.h but implemented in a much less portable way.
[22:13:20] stuartm: some of the filter stuff we've got now is included in ffmpeg too, we merged it from mplayer and so do ffmpeg, only their version has been maintained/updated
[22:13:27] stuartm: so did
[22:18:06] stuartm: danielk22: refactoring/removing can be added to a list of jobs for anyone who wants to help out
[22:18:11] natanojl (natanojl! has quit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
[22:19:29] danielk22: Many of the filters were actually written for MythTV even though the framework and first filters came from mplayer.
[22:20:21] danielk22: I wouldn't really want anyone to waste time on these filters though. A proper filter framework would be able to handle frame-rate conversions which the current framework never will.
[22:20:54] stuartm: aye, hence 'refactor', but it would be better to conform to the upstream framework than backport improvements from upstream to our own version
[22:22:03] stuartm: I don't use filters, I'd be interested to see the stats on how many people even know they exist, let alone the number of people actually using them
[22:25:53] danielk22: heh, on that metric I bet the persist because ripping them out would take more time than occasionally updating them for modern compilers :)
[22:26:38] danielk22: They can be really useful with analog material.. but how many people still see analog material?
[22:29:57] stuartm: whatever the number, it's getting smaller by the day
[22:34:08] jya (jya! has joined #mythtv
[22:34:08] jya (jya! has quit (Changing host)
[22:34:09] jya (jya!~jyavenard@mythtv/developer/jya) has joined #mythtv
[22:54:24] SteveGoodey (SteveGoodey! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[22:55:22] Ben64 (Ben64! has joined #mythtv
[23:22:42] peper03 (peper03! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
[23:22:56] peper03 (peper03! has joined #mythtv
[23:23:02] peper03 (peper03! has left #mythtv ()
[23:30:35] dmfrey (dmfrey! has quit (Quit: Ex-Chat)
[23:52:55] xris (xris!~xris@mythtv/developer/xris) has quit (Quit: Terminated with extreme prejudice - dircproxy 1.2.0)
[23:53:13] xris (xris! has joined #mythtv
[23:53:13] xris (xris! has quit (Changing host)
[23:53:13] xris (xris!~xris@mythtv/developer/xris) has joined #mythtv
[23:53:29] Wolfgang2 (Wolfgang2! has joined #mythtv
[23:54:26] Wolfgang2 (Wolfgang2! has quit (Client Quit)
[23:57:22] CaCtus491 (CaCtus491! has quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
[23:57:31] CaCtus491 (CaCtus491! has joined #mythtv

IRC Logs collected by BeirdoBot.
Please use the above link to report any bugs.