:: #mythtv

Daily chat history

Current users (85):

aloril, Anduin, Anssi, anykey_, brfransen, brtb, CaCtus492, cattelan, Chutt, clever, coling, Cougar, damaltor, Dave123, davide, dekarl_zZz, dlblog, eharris, ElmerFudd, foobum, foxbuntu, ghoti, gregL, GreyFoxx, highzeth, J-e-f-f-A, jafa2, jams, jarle, jcarlos, JoeJulian, joe____, joki, Jordack, jpabq, jpabq-, jpabq_, jstenback, justinh, jwhite, kenni, knightr, kormoc, kurre2, kwmonroe, laga, mag0o, MavT, Memphis, mike|2, mirage335, mrand, MythBuild, MythLogBot, mzanetti, Peitolm, pheld, poptix, purserj, rsiebert_, Sash, skd5aner, Slasher`, Snow-Man, sphery, sraue, stichnot, stuarta, superm1, sutula, TazzNZ, tgm4883, ThisNewGuy, tomimo, tris, Unhelpful, vallor, wagnerrp, wahrhaft_, xavierh, xris, ybot_, zCougar, zombor, _charly_
Monday, February 6th, 2012, 17:43 UTC
[17:43:34] sphery: stuartm: I'm willing to try to fix the 3 "mythcorecontext.cpp:1133: warning: 'void MythObservable::dispatchNow(const MythEvent&)' is deprecated (declared at mythobservable.h:21)" warnings (and fix #9819 in the process), but I need someone who understands the plugin API/design to comment on the pause/resume approach paul-h used in . I've never done anything with the plugin API and can't figure ...
[17:43:40] sphery: ... out why the patch was rejected when paul-h proposed it (as he mentioned in ) since the proposal and rejection don't seem to have been done on list or in Trac (and I can't find any discussion of the patch--just a link to it--in my IRC logs)
[17:46:33] sphery: Was hoping you might have some input or remember why it was rejected. (If there's no reason to reject it, I can move the sendPlaybackStart/End functions out of util.cpp and into some libmyth location(?) to avoid the circular dependency issue.)
[17:47:54] stuartm: I can't remember sorry and I've no idea what Paul's proposal was
[17:48:40] kormoc (kormoc!~kormoc@mythtv/developer/kormoc) has joined #mythtv
[17:49:11] sphery: I collected the patches he ref'ed and they're on #9819 along with a little history in comment:12
[17:51:47] danielk22: sphery: probably the issue was that it added new functions to the plug-in API.
[17:55:19] danielk22: It could be handled without that using two async events instead of one synchronous event. The first event tells the frontend to pause and the second event tells the waiting code that the pause has happened.
[17:55:46] sphery: so the playback basically waits on the 2nd?
[17:58:00] danielk22: yeah, you have to break up the code leading to the dispatchNow() from the code following the dispatchNow(), and calling the second set of code from the event handler.
[17:58:11] danielk22: s/calling/call/
[17:58:33] sphery: yeah, that sounds like a good approach... thanks for looking
[18:05:52] davide (davide! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[18:06:17] davide (davide! has joined #mythtv
[18:24:08] Nicolas (Nicolas! has joined #mythtv
[18:35:51] natanojl (natanojl! has joined #mythtv
[18:36:58] EagleIJoe (EagleIJoe! has joined #mythtv
[18:37:20] EagleIJoe (EagleIJoe! has quit (Client Quit)
[18:49:30] joki (joki! has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
[18:51:06] cattelan_away is now known as cattelan
[18:51:08] joki (joki! has joined #mythtv
[18:58:29] stuartm: any idea why extensions to the plugin API would be a problem? I was planning to make some of my own in 0.26 (better plugin integration and plugin management from within the frontend e.g. enabling/disabling)
[19:02:03] zCougar (zCougar!~cougar@2001:67c:32c:600:395f:ee0f:136b:4591) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] wagnerrp (wagnerrp!~wagnerrp_@mythtv/developer/wagnerrp) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] Anssi (Anssi!hannulaa@mandriva/developer/anssi) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@ubuntu/member/rhpot1991) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] stuarta (stuarta!~stuarta@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:03] coling (coling! has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:02:07] coling (coling! has joined #mythtv
[19:02:08] stuarta (stuarta! has joined #mythtv
[19:02:15] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@2001:4968:202:3:20f:eaff:fefc:ba0e) has joined #mythtv
[19:02:15] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@2001:4968:202:3:20f:eaff:fefc:ba0e) has quit (Changing host)
[19:02:16] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@ubuntu/member/rhpot1991) has joined #mythtv
[19:02:17] zCougar (zCougar!~cougar@2001:67c:32c:600:295f:a262:5364:811) has joined #mythtv
[19:02:17] dblain (dblain! has joined #mythtv
[19:02:17] dblain (dblain!~dblain@mythtv/developer/dblain) has joined #mythtv
[19:02:17] dblain (dblain! has quit (Changing host)
[19:02:20] Anssi (Anssi!hannulaa@mandriva/developer/anssi) has joined #mythtv
[19:02:42] wagnerrp (wagnerrp! has joined #mythtv
[19:04:08] wagnerrp (wagnerrp! has quit (Changing host)
[19:04:09] wagnerrp (wagnerrp!~Wagner@mythtv/developer/wagnerrp) has joined #mythtv
[19:12:55] davide: sphery: What compliler/qt are you using? I didn't get any warnings.
[19:14:30] sphery: it's a GCC 4.4... The warnings were the "programinfo.cpp:1980: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*'" ones at . . . s%20%2825%29
[19:15:27] sphery: not sure which gcc buildbot is using, though
[19:15:42] sphery: AIUI, that warning was put in place in GCC 4.3 series
[19:16:17] sphery: anyway, looked like it didn't need to be char *, so I figured I'd just use QString for it?
[19:19:09] davide: okay.
[19:24:03] stoffel (stoffel! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[19:34:35] peitolm: can anyone remember who it was who reported a sucessful build of mythtv on osx lion? (10.7)
[19:39:09] sphery: stuarta has done it, but only by using a pre-compiled Qt (and the buildbot osx compile scripts, not the other packager script)
[19:41:00] MavT (MavT! has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:41:00] jarle (jarle! has quit (*.net *.split)
[19:41:04] stuartm: sphery: yeah, that's why I want the buildbots to start reporting their gcc and qt version info
[19:41:25] jarle (jarle! has joined #mythtv
[19:41:27] MavT (MavT! has joined #mythtv
[19:43:04] sphery: stuartm: Yeah, that would be nice. I remembered your mention and was hoping you and Beirdo had finished that already, but couldn't find it in the show version step or anything, so I figured it hadn't been updated.
[19:44:29] Beirdo: sphery/stuartm: remind me this evening, it shoudn't be too hard to make a script to report that
[19:55:21] peitolm: is the buildbot script in git?
[19:55:52] peitolm: i've been using the, which worked fine for snowleopard
[19:57:01] kth (kth!~kth@unaffiliated/kth) has joined #mythtv
[20:02:47] sphery: peitolm: check out . . . lders/ ... Seems it's the same script, so it must have been "with the buildbot config"
[20:07:28] peitolm: o.k. so it's an bootstrap
[20:07:40] peitolm: hmm, i need to point it at the system QT
[20:08:57] peitolm: alternatively i could just fire up my build machine and install buildbot on it
[20:12:37] peitolm: hmm, i wonder if "--extra-ldflags=-F/System/Library/Frameworks ...." is the magic sauce
[20:20:37] Beirdo: chipotle is the magic sauce
[20:28:48] wagnerrp: --extra-flags=-Fchipotle ?
[20:36:36] stuartm: mmm, chipotle chicken soup
[20:40:26] Beirdo: :)
[20:44:46] ** peitolm wonders why is no longer doing a git checkout of the mythtv sources **
[20:47:52] peitolm: ah, because it's checking for the parent directory, not the sub
[20:49:25] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightMonk@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has joined #mythtv
[20:54:39] EagleIJoe (EagleIJoe! has joined #mythtv
[20:54:51] EagleIJoe (EagleIJoe! has quit (Client Quit)
[21:23:46] danielk22: has anyone taken care of removing markk from the pertinent configs?
[21:24:09] Beirdo: not yet, we were giving him a week or so to thing things over
[21:24:27] Beirdo: As for the mailing list, he can unsubscribe himself
[21:24:35] Beirdo: likewise on github
[21:24:47] wagnerrp: you can unsub yourself from the internal list?
[21:25:03] Beirdo: you can unsub from any list in mailman
[21:25:51] danielk22: There is no web gui for it...
[21:26:20] wagnerrp: seems there is (one in the appended email footer)
[21:28:34] Beirdo: You *should* be able to email to $LIST-requests with "unsubscribe" as the subject and mailman will do the deed
[21:29:06] Beirdo: anyways, if it becomes an issue, he can get manually removed
[21:30:15] xavierh (xavierh! has joined #mythtv
[21:31:41] stuartm: there is actually a web gui, just no direct link, you can go to any of the other list info pages and substitute the name in the url to get to 'hidden' lists
[21:32:38] wagnerrp: (or click the link in the email footer)
[21:35:45] allesmueller (allesmueller!~allesmuel@unixboard/users/allesmueller) has joined #mythtv
[21:42:49] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[21:45:01] Beirdo: the list is just not listed in the "all lists on this server" page, otherwise, it should work the same as the others, yes
[21:48:24] stuartm: wagnerrp: heh, or that, I'd forgotten about the footer
[21:48:57] stuartm: this feature freeze is coming up too fast :(
[22:12:30] danielk22: stuartm: I'm glad I got night mode in.. :)
[22:15:10] jams: danielk22- that night mode thing..are the values configurable?
[22:16:24] stuartm: danielk22: about that, I was thinking a statetype for the OSD to indicate that we're in night-mode (especially useful for users who have accidentally enabled it and are wondering why the picture is dark)
[22:18:09] sphery: jams: when I thought his comment in the ticket was because he feared my getting mad if he added new settings: . . . -04:00:15:37
[22:21:36] jams: i was only asking because some people version of dim doesn't match others. I do like the idea of accessing from the OSD.
[22:22:12] xris: jams: not sure I know anyone who still works in the simech sales dept. even the original owners are mostly gone. talk to kormoc. he actually deals with server stuff for work. I think they moved on to pogo linux recently (run by another good acquaintance of ours)
[22:22:32] danielk22: jams: no, it just adds/removes 10% from brightness and contrast.
[22:23:18] danielk22: stuartm: Sure. I didn't bind a value to the toggle key so you'd really only have it if you either bound that yourself or you used the menu.
[22:23:34] jams: xris- thanks..suppose i could also check out pogolinux.
[22:23:47] jams: don't really care where the server comes from..just want a decent deal!
[22:24:10] danielk22: It was a feature the TV in our bedroom used to have, but when I replaced the old tube with a flat screen we lost that feature.
[22:24:35] danielk22: & really missed it...
[22:24:45] ** Captain_Murdoch surpressed the urge to send a "box car derby" type reply to ticket #10314 **
[22:25:07] xris: jams: deals are hard to find these days
[22:25:15] jams: danielk22- it's a great idea.
[22:25:20] xris: Captain_Murdoch: btw, you ever figure out those servers from work for mythtv?
[22:26:11] jams: xris- i have several hp370 but osu won't take them because they are 4u
[22:26:37] jams: can't say i blame them..cause they are large and heavy
[22:26:38] xris: ahh, that may have been Captain_Murdoch's issue, too
[22:26:43] danielk22: jams: A faceless engineer Panasonic deserves the credit :)
[22:26:48] xris: 4u is fine.. as long as they're full of drives.  :)
[22:27:05] jams: all these are full of drives!
[22:29:34] stuartm: danielk22: newbie users love to play with settings they don't fully understand, it's just one of the reasons why I backed many settings being removed
[22:30:36] sphery: Captain_Murdoch: you're too quick--you blocked my quoting of that same paragraph
[22:31:08] stichnot: idiotism — love it! :)
[22:31:14] sphery: I'm sure if I weren't an idiot, it wouldn't have taken me so long to copy/paste the paragraph
[22:31:22] stuartm: an optional statetype in the OSD, means we can indicate the mode is enabled when the user presses info (an icon in the corner of the screen maybe)
[22:34:31] skd5aner: 2 of my flat panels have auto night/dimming detection... it's nice for the one in our bedroom
[22:34:33] danielk22: stuartm: I've got no objection to it :)
[22:36:45] jams: skd5aner- my monitor has that feature and I hate it. it picks up on the slightest change in light. Constantly adjusting the brightness. Fortunatly it's an option to turn it off
[22:38:03] wagnerrp: why would a scraper need access to the database?
[22:38:31] skd5aner: jams: yea, I'd hate it in most situations (pc monitors, living room, etc...) but the bedroom is nice because the display can be blinding in complete darkness
[22:38:37] stuartm: skd5aner: it won't be long before people complain that it's a) Not dimmed automatically after a specific time in the evening b) that there's no API to toggle it via an external light sensor
[22:38:53] skd5aner: and, since I'm usually only watching the TV in the bedroom at night, it's nice :)
[22:39:14] wagnerrp: stuartm: well, a trigger in the frontend services should be simple enough
[22:39:21] skd5aner: stuartm: heh – well, while the sensor idea might be cool, at that point...
[22:39:23] wagnerrp: after that, its up to the user to supply all the other functionality
[22:40:53] skd5aner: stuartm: about the OSD, one idea I might suggest (icon wise) would be a light-buble that says something like "DIM" in the middle and isn't colored in, and maybe one that says "FULL" and is colored in when full
[22:41:24] skd5aner: I think my samsung panel does something with a leaf or something since they tout it as a power saving feature, probably not applicable in this situation
[22:41:47] stuartm: text is tricky, needs translating and you can bet that the German for Dim is about 5 times longer
[22:41:53] skd5aner: ah, true...
[22:41:57] skd5aner: duh
[22:42:32] allesmueller (allesmueller!~allesmuel@unixboard/users/allesmueller) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[22:42:34] skd5aner: Well, a lightbulb with several segments around it, only some colored in when in use versus all colored in when full
[22:42:40] skd5aner: I don't know – just thinking out loud :)
[22:42:58] ** skd5aner is now curious what the icon is on his samsung **
[22:43:18] stuartm: lightbulb is a good idea, a lightbulb moment ...
[22:59:01] len_ (len_! has joined #mythtv
[23:09:34] dekarl_zZz: how about calling it "night (vision) mode". That would fit well with toggling it via a sensor/time ;) and a sun/moon icon
[23:10:04] xavierh: What ! there is no API :)
[23:15:16] Ironhand (Ironhand! has joined #mythtv
[23:15:58] stuartm: not for scripts at least ;) If we're going to be accurate there is a public API through MythPlayer
[23:17:05] danielk22: xavierh: I'd be happy for someone to code up the XML API, the patch would show me how it is done :)
[23:20:34] xavierh: What about a moon, for a "night mode" it would make sense
[23:21:14] natanojl (natanojl! has quit (Ping timeout: 244 seconds)
[23:22:32] Ironhand: I'm running mythtv 0.24, and when I go to Media Library -> Watch Videos, Mythtv seems to hang for an exceedingly long time. Further investigation with strace turns out that the mythfrontend is scanning the entire system's file tree including all mounts, rather than just the video dir
[23:22:45] Ironhand: is this familiar, and is there any way to prevent this?
[23:23:31] Ironhand: it seems to only occur since I changed my system from having its root fs on a sata harddisk to a usb flash drive, though that could be coincidence
[23:25:20] stuartm: iirc there was a time when we iterated through all storage groups to find a file, but I thought that had been fixed to only look at storage groups of the same type
[23:26:10] stuartm: caching of the last found location was never added though, which is a shame since it means waking up drives unnecessarily
[23:26:35] Ironhand: would that mean mythtv is somehow trying to find a specific file rather than just scanning the filetree for building a list?
[23:27:15] Seeker`: let the theme decide what to do for night mode?
[23:28:35] Ironhand: could it be that somehow mythtv feels my root fs needs to be scanned b/c it's on a USB flash drive, which is technically "removable storage"?
[23:28:37] stuartm: Seeker`: the theme will decide, but we still need to choose something for the default theme and Terra/Other
[23:29:53] Seeker`: either a lightbulb, or a moon icon
[23:32:43] sphery: Ironhand: you've misconfigured your system, and I'd be happy to help you fix it in the proper channel ( #mythtv-users )
[23:33:35] Ironhand: sphery: ah, my bad, should have read the topic – thanks for the pointer
[23:36:25] stuartm: !seen iamlindoro
[23:36:25] MythLogBot: iamlindoro was last seen 5 days 15 hours 16 minutes 29 seconds ago
[23:37:50] Seeker`: he is still online though, but has been idle for 2 days
[23:38:22] stuartm: crap
[23:38:57] Seeker`: -23:37:32- [freenode] ~s~ idle  : 2 days 1 hours 18 mins 46 secs signon: Mon Jan 30 08:41:54 2012
[23:43:56] kth (kth!~kth@unaffiliated/kth) has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[23:46:33] Nicolas (Nicolas! has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[23:49:05] Nicolas (Nicolas! has joined #mythtv
[23:50:07] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[23:51:01] Nicolas (Nicolas! has quit (Client Quit)
[23:51:17] knightr (knightr!~knightr@mythtv/developer/knightr) has joined #mythtv
[23:54:19] davide (davide! has quit (Quit: Konversation terminated!)
Tuesday, February 7th, 2012
[00:02:24] davide (davide! has joined #mythtv
[00:53:20] xavierh: Could a dev comment on #10092, I am trying to convert the frontend settings before feature freeze
[00:53:31] xavierh: to MythUI
[00:56:21] wagnerrp: !seen iamlindoro
[00:56:21] MythLogBot: iamlindoro was last seen 5 days 16 hours 36 minutes 25 seconds ago
[00:56:24] stichnot (stichnot!~chatzilla@ has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
[00:56:33] wagnerrp: so does anyone have any clue where he is?
[00:57:05] wagnerrp: i want to get the storage group scanning behavior modified in time for freeze
[00:57:21] wagnerrp: and if hes not around to do so, i can probably manage it
[00:58:18] abqjp (abqjp!~jpabq@mythtv/developer/jpabq) has quit (Quit: abqjp)
[01:01:16] xavierh (xavierh! has quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.88 [Firefox 10.0/20120130145648])
[01:07:52] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[01:17:51] sphery: wagnerrp: I got the impression he wanted one of us to do the scanner changes
[01:29:56] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[01:32:53] kormoc (kormoc!~kormoc@mythtv/developer/kormoc) has quit (Quit: kormoc)
[01:34:12] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[02:03:17] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[02:04:34] davide (davide! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[02:05:16] davide (davide!~david@ has joined #mythtv
[02:39:16] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[02:55:49] Yancho (Yancho!~mpulis@unaffiliated/yancho) has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[02:57:59] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightMonk@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
[03:11:24] Yancho (Yancho!~mpulis@unaffiliated/yancho) has joined #mythtv
[03:14:32] stichnot (stichnot!chatzilla@nat/intel/x-dlccjiojdvmjdnfr) has joined #mythtv
[03:27:45] Captain_Murdoch: wagnerrp, sphery, iamlindoro told me a week or so ago that he was going to be out quite a bit over the next month and a half because he was busy preparing for an Ironman competition.
[03:31:59] wagnerrp: i knew that was the beginning of march
[03:32:09] wagnerrp: i guess he just doesnt want the distraction from idling in here
[03:32:44] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[03:50:41] xris: or he followed mark
[04:13:53] MythBuild (MythBuild! has quit (Quit: buildmaster reconfigured: bot disconnecting)
[04:14:27] Beirdo: one moment
[04:16:35] Beirdo: whaaa
[04:19:25] Beirdo: OK, I done screwed THAT up
[04:19:26] Beirdo: heh
[04:19:29] Beirdo: one moment
[04:21:47] MythBuild (MythBuild! has joined #mythtv
[04:21:49] Beirdo: whew
[04:22:02] Beirdo: Note to self... do NOT overwrite!
[04:24:19] MythBuild: build #588 of master-vista-mingw-32bit is complete: Exception [exception git] Build details are at . . . t/builds/588 blamelist: Michael T. Dean < >, Daniel Kristjansson < >, Daniel Thor Kristjansson < >
[04:24:31] Beirdo: ignore.
[04:26:34] Beirdo: MythBuild: force build master-vista-mingw-32bit now
[04:26:35] MythBuild: build #589 forced
[04:26:35] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[04:29:17] Beirdo: stuartm: . . . s/logs/stdio
[04:29:20] Beirdo: :)
[04:31:17] Beirdo: and my backend crapped out. fun.
[04:31:43] wagnerrp: booo
[04:31:50] wagnerrp: 'failed show versions'... what is that?
[04:32:14] sphery: he's adding code to show gcc and qt and ... versions
[04:32:38] wagnerrp: oh, i guess theyre in a different place in freebsd?
[04:33:18] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[04:33:41] Beirdo: ugh
[04:33:46] Beirdo: wagnerrp: where's bash?
[04:33:51] Beirdo: actually
[04:33:53] Beirdo: screw it
[04:33:58] Beirdo: where's sh
[04:34:01] wagnerrp: /bin/sh
[04:34:07] wagnerrp: bash may not be installed on that bot
[04:34:08] Beirdo: I'm not doing anything bash-specific
[04:34:13] wagnerrp: its not in the base freebsd install
[04:34:39] wagnerrp: cant you just write out the file in the
[04:35:05] Beirdo: I'll have it fixed momentarily
[04:37:07] Beirdo: there, changed it to /bin/sh
[04:37:16] Beirdo: I didn't need bash anyways :)
[04:38:47] Beirdo: MythBuild: force build master-osx-snow-leopard now
[04:38:48] MythBuild: build #196 forced
[04:38:48] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[04:39:25] Beirdo: MythBuild: force build master-freebsd-64bit now
[04:39:25] MythBuild: build #1777 forced
[04:39:25] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[04:39:31] Beirdo: that should fix er
[04:42:12] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightMonk@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has joined #mythtv
[04:44:23] bobnvic (bobnvic! has quit (Quit: Leaving)
[04:46:09] MythBuild: build #1777 of master-freebsd-64bit is complete: Success [build successful] Build details are at . . . /builds/1777
[04:46:27] Beirdo: excellent
[04:46:34] Beirdo: now for OSX to finish
[04:46:41] Beirdo: and some decade, winders
[04:50:16] MythBuild: Hey! build master-osx-snow-leopard #196 is complete: Failure [failed show versions]
[04:50:16] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . d/builds/196
[04:55:13] Beirdo: boooo
[05:00:58] Beirdo: I think I had an extra space at the end of the command name there, which could do odd things
[05:01:10] Beirdo: MythBuild: force build master-osx-snow-leopard now
[05:01:10] MythBuild: build #197 forced
[05:01:10] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[05:12:45] MythBuild: Hey! build master-osx-snow-leopard #197 is complete: Failure [failed show versions]
[05:12:45] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . d/builds/197
[05:13:34] Beirdo: you PITA, I CHANGED that line
[05:15:41] Beirdo: go go, stupid python
[05:15:52] Beirdo: it didn't rebuild the pyc when I did a reconfig
[05:17:52] stichnot (stichnot!chatzilla@nat/intel/x-dlccjiojdvmjdnfr) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[05:18:35] sphery: sounds like it's being very pyc-y
[05:19:02] Beirdo: I need to restart it, but I want to wait for the winblows slave
[05:20:34] stichnot (stichnot!chatzilla@nat/intel/x-uqplkukbqtrctixv) has joined #mythtv
[05:30:57] Beirdo: let's try to get ccache going on windoze
[05:33:44] MythBuild: Hey! build master-vista-mingw-32bit #589 is complete: ?? [build successful exception slave lost]
[05:33:44] MythBuild: Build details are at . . . t/builds/589
[05:33:54] Beirdo: screw waiting
[05:34:03] MythBuild (MythBuild! has quit (Quit: buildmaster reconfigured: bot disconnecting)
[05:34:10] MythBuild (MythBuild! has joined #mythtv
[05:34:47] Beirdo: MythBuild: force build master-osx-snow-leopard now
[05:34:48] MythBuild: build #198 forced
[05:34:48] MythBuild: I'll give a shout when the build finishes
[05:35:01] Beirdo: now that it reread the config properly
[05:37:31] Beirdo: here's hoping ccache wants to behave :)
[05:37:56] wagnerrp: you just need to grin at it with bad teeth
[05:38:59] Beirdo: heh
[05:39:34] Beirdo: stuarta: ya need some ccache action for osx :)
[05:45:00] Beirdo: a @#!@$#@!
[05:45:05] Beirdo: I didn't put it in the path
[05:46:26] MythBuild: build #198 of master-osx-snow-leopard is complete: Success [build successful] Build details are at . . . d/builds/198
[05:46:31] Beirdo: yay
[05:52:45] Beirdo: Compiler cache yes
[05:52:51] Beirdo: OK, please no crashy
[05:55:26] kormoc (kormoc!~kormoc@mythtv/developer/kormoc) has joined #mythtv
[06:22:38] cattelan is now known as cattelan_away
[06:38:18] stoffel (stoffel! has joined #mythtv
[07:14:08] NightMonkey (NightMonkey!~NightMonk@pdpc/supporter/professional/nightmonkey) has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[08:31:07] len_ (len_! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[10:20:53] stuartm: Beirdo: nice work, thank you
[11:05:03] mike|33 (mike|33! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[11:05:54] mike|2 (mike|2! has joined #mythtv
[11:10:14] jeff999 (jeff999! has joined #mythtv
[11:10:36] jeff999 (jeff999! has left #mythtv ()
[11:19:26] stuarta|work (stuarta|work!sauchter@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has joined #mythtv
[11:20:00] stuartm: jpabq: I want to add statetype support to the tree in mythvideo, but I'm quickly losing the will to try because of all the code obfuscation that goes on in mythvideo – 'helpers' that add ten times more lines of code than what they replaced and bury simple operations several layers deep making it a complete pain to make even trivial changes
[11:26:51] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[11:30:15] xavierh (xavierh! has joined #mythtv
[11:31:32] stuartm: jpabq: if you want to try then then call MythGenericTree::DisplayState({name}, {value}) for each state
[11:31:55] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[11:48:10] stuartm: I'm also adding a bulk set option which might be appropriate instead
[12:09:36] stuartm: jpabq: ok, I have some I'll commit shortly
[12:21:06] stoffel (stoffel! has quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
[12:30:19] ** Seeker` wonders if he is missing half of a conversation **
[12:38:10] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[12:40:31] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[12:45:51] Ironhand (Ironhand! has left #mythtv ()
[12:45:52] kormoc (kormoc!~kormoc@mythtv/developer/kormoc) has quit (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
[12:56:45] stuartm: you are, but the other half exists only in my mind
[13:00:06] ** stuarta|work chuckles **
[13:00:25] stuarta|work: probably seeing double too, there's 2 of me
[13:03:56] peitolm: ah ha, stuarta|work just the chap
[13:04:24] stuarta|work: hopefully the double vision should clear by tomorrow
[13:05:54] davide (davide!~david@ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[13:06:10] peitolm: stuarta|work: sphery was suggesting you managed to get a lion buildbot up and runnig, are such rumors true? i'm getting stuff getting g++ to include the paths to the Qt 4.8 frameworks
[13:06:16] davide (davide! has joined #mythtv
[13:08:16] stuarta|work: not true unfortunately, it's snow leopard
[13:08:41] peitolm: ah
[13:08:42] stuarta|work: i have been looking at getting it to build against the Qt framework
[13:09:14] stuarta|work: i suspect atm there are packaging issues, since it's reporting all the libs and headers are in /usr/include
[13:09:15] peitolm: i get so far, (somewhere in libmyth...) where it starts using g++ and then can't find QtString
[13:09:18] stuarta|work: which is plain wrong
[13:09:28] stuarta|work: yes, that's the symptom
[13:09:48] stuarta|work: qmake -query is returning rubbish for the include path
[13:09:55] peitolm: but the compile line has no mention of -framework QtCore
[13:10:19] stuarta|work: again because of qmake reporting rubbish
[13:10:29] peitolm: hrm
[13:11:03] stuarta|work: all the config files pulled in by qmake when it's assembling the compiler lines, i believe point the wrong way
[13:11:15] stuarta|work: hence wrong compile lines, and then compile failures
[13:11:28] ** peitolm fires up his dev box to start from scratch **
[13:11:57] stuarta|work: run 'qmake -query' and you'll see what i mean
[13:12:03] stuarta|work: the library part is correct
[13:12:09] stuarta|work: but the include is bogus
[13:12:10] peitolm: oh, i found a bug in it's checking for the parent, finding it because the packaging git checkout has completed, and then not doing a checkout
[13:12:24] peitolm: are you building ith -debug?
[13:12:48] stuarta|work: the buildbot only uses osx-packager to bootstrap the dependencies
[13:12:56] stuarta|work:
[13:13:34] peitolm: *nods*
[13:13:54] peitolm: i don't have a full buildbot environment, so i'm trying to get to wor
[13:15:02] stuarta|work: it won't understand frameworks at this time
[13:16:08] peitolm: isn't it just a case of adding -framework QtCore -framework QtGUI to CFLAGS?
[13:16:27] stuarta|work: no, qmake should do that for us
[13:16:34] stuarta|work: especially for QtCore
[13:17:06] stuarta|work: you'll see when it breaks, it's added -I/usr/include/QtCore and -I/usr/include/QtGui to the compile line
[13:17:13] peitolm: hmm, i don't recall seeing any mention of that when i built on snow leopard, i will trippl check
[13:17:30] peitolm: QT_INSTALL_HEADERS:/usr/include ?
[13:18:22] stuarta|work: yup
[13:19:47] zombor (zombor!~zombor_@kohana/developer/zombor) has joined #mythtv
[13:20:47] stuarta|work: the line after that is the libraries one and it is correct
[13:30:27] peitolm: so if we do a qmake -set QT_INSTALL_HEADERS=/... it should fix it
[13:30:34] ** peitolm ponders **
[13:32:07] peitolm: well, that's the theory,
[13:35:43] stuarta|work: i think it's more fundamental than that, and i've tried hacking configure to override the qt_inc value which is derived from the qmake -query result without effect
[13:35:57] stuarta|work: it still pulls in the wrong include paths
[13:47:05] stoffel (stoffel! has joined #mythtv
[13:50:07] peitolm: hmm, i'm getting errors about QtWebkit on this machine, *racks brain*
[13:52:23] stoffel (stoffel! has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[14:01:21] peitolm: i wonder if the mac/qmake.conf is wrong
[14:02:01] Seeker`: stuartm: ah, ok. just make suure you dont pay *too* much attention to the voices
[14:03:44] jya (jya!~jyavenard@mythtv/developer/jya) has quit (Quit: jya)
[14:05:41] stuarta|work: peitolm: i think it, or another similar one is, and it's a packaging/build issue
[14:07:01] peitolm: yeah, i've just copied it to a local file, added QT_INSTALL_HEADERS to it, and i'm trying the build now
[14:07:14] peitolm: i suspect it will blow up spectacularly, but..
[14:09:50] stuarta|work: :)
[14:10:27] peitolm: yep
[14:11:03] peitolm: by hook or by crook
[14:11:12] peitolm: but it's going to be a hack
[14:11:43] stuarta|work: the problem i forsee is that it may not just be one conf file. if it is \o/
[14:12:32] peitolm: whack-a-mole
[14:13:03] stuarta|work: either way, i suspect it'll be something we need to feed back upstream to the Qt ppl
[14:16:11] peitolm: might as well do it now, it doesn't look right one way or another
[14:17:27] stuarta|work: aye
[14:17:43] stuarta|work: if you do raise it lemme know the bug number
[14:22:46] peitolm: i can't find where that's actualy defined
[14:23:21] stuarta|work: i'll have a look later in the week.
[14:23:39] stuarta|work: tonight is move the backend night and redo wiring
[14:24:34] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@ubuntu/member/rhpot1991) has quit (Quit: Coyote finally caught me)
[14:24:46] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@2001:4968:202:3:20f:eaff:fefc:ba0e) has joined #mythtv
[14:24:46] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@2001:4968:202:3:20f:eaff:fefc:ba0e) has quit (Changing host)
[14:24:46] rhpot1991 (rhpot1991!~rhpot1991@ubuntu/member/rhpot1991) has joined #mythtv
[14:30:46] peitolm: fair enough
[14:31:12] ** peitolm can't get the magic voodoo to not get to copy the mythtv tree **
[14:31:20] stuarta|work: all for a good cause, it adds 2x dvb-s2 inputs
[14:32:02] peitolm: cool
[14:32:29] peitolm: o.k. an alternative route, can i add the -framework and QT_INSTALL_HEADERS to one of the .pro files?
[14:33:42] stuarta|work: worth a try
[14:34:37] ** peitolm peers at "[osx-pkg] OS is 64bit. Disabling 64bit for this build... **
[14:42:00] peitolm: hmm, i can't even get it to find configure
[14:42:11] peitolm: soryr, can't even get past configure
[14:44:16] Jordack (Jordack! has joined #mythtv
[14:47:16] stuartm: sphery: we're not cleaning exiting the frontend if we're unable to upgrade the database –
[15:01:37] peitolm: wth? QtWebkit is complaining about not being to find its own headers
[15:02:44] peitolm: (this is from config.ep)
[15:03:10] peitolm: i wonder if ccache needs a kick
[15:16:16] cattelan_away is now known as cattelan
[15:19:39] rsiebert_ (rsiebert_! has joined #mythtv
[15:20:09] rsiebert (rsiebert! has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[15:22:31] danielk22 (danielk22!~danielk@ has quit (Quit: Leaving.)
[15:23:35] kormoc (kormoc!~kormoc@mythtv/developer/kormoc) has joined #mythtv
[15:40:32] cesman (cesman! has joined #mythtv
[15:40:32] cesman (cesman!~cesman@pdpc/supporter/professional/cesman) has joined #mythtv
[15:40:32] cesman (cesman! has quit (Changing host)
[15:41:01] Seeker`: how easy would it be to add a liveTV/Tv/film staterypeto the OSD
[15:44:23] stuartm: very easy, I'll do it later today
[15:53:07] stuartm: some interesting reading here about the video decoding capabilities of the RaspberryPi –
[15:55:02] Seeker`: stuartm: thanks
[15:55:40] stuartm: obviously we're behind xbmc in supporting video decode on the device (this time around) and now without Mark we're going to be slow to catch up :(
[15:57:38] Seeker`: stuartm: what wouldneed to be done to support it?
[15:57:53] stuarta|work:
[15:59:49] Seeker`: stuarta|work: i assumeitisnt justa case of cutting things out?
[16:00:50] stuartm: stuarta|work: not that difficult really, smaller image/textures caches, image light theme
[16:01:12] stuartm: Seeker`: mostly the aforementioned video decode support (OpenMax)
[16:01:22] stuarta|work: making sure everything possible is done on the gpu not the cpu
[16:02:08] stuartm: yeah, which it largely is for opengles/opengl
[16:02:12] stuartm: (already)
[16:03:36] xavierh: Could some one explain to me the purpose of virtual in:
[16:03:41] xavierh: class OSDSettings: virtual public ConfigurationWizard
[16:10:52] stichnot (stichnot!chatzilla@nat/intel/x-uqplkukbqtrctixv) has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[16:18:41] Seeker`: stuartm: is there currently a way of determining whether you are looking at a list of tv shows / seasons of 1 show / episodes of 1 season / films
[16:21:01] stuartm: no
[16:26:14] Seeker`: do you think it will be possible/feasible to dvelop the tv/film browse mode (after 0.25) so that they are seperate from browse modes and allowing people to say 'show me films' or 'show me tv'
[16:32:13] stuartm: possible yes, but a lot depends on getting everyone on board with the plan
[16:37:37] Seeker`: i
[16:39:07] Seeker`: am hoping that things like that will make mythtv more competitive with XBMC
[16:40:53] stuartm: surely you mean put us further ahead?
[16:41:42] Seeker`: with overall ability, yes
[16:42:12] Seeker`: i think we'll still be behind in terms of UI
[16:46:19] Seeker`: and i think "that looks cool" will attract a lot of users
[16:59:33] stichnot (stichnot!chatzilla@nat/intel/x-ojnctxwckpvsixlv) has joined #mythtv
[17:06:54] ** stuartm waits for the sparks to fly **
[17:08:24] Seeker`: sparks?
[17:08:48] jams: yeah i could see that causing sparks
[17:09:54] jpabq_ (jpabq_!~jpabq@mythtv/developer/jpabq) has joined #mythtv
[17:10:23] wagnerrp: theres already enough trouble over not having a 'delete' in mythtv-setup
[17:10:33] wagnerrp: what you say? i can just hit 'd'?
[17:14:30] Seeker`: it isnt meant to be anything controversial. Mythtv is a lot better than when i started using it. i can just easily believe that a lot of potential users choose things based on the ability to show it off. there may be a question over whether they are the type of users you really want :P
[17:16:40] jams: Seeker`- "sparks" was in reference to a commit, not your statement.
[17:17:11] Seeker`: woo for lack of context :P
[17:18:02] Seeker`: looks like a sensible decision
[17:20:01] stuartm: wagnerrp: didn't I add Delete to the channel editor? I'm pretty sure it's there
[17:20:14] wagnerrp: no, its a joke
[17:20:23] wagnerrp: people always ask how you delete a card or storage group
[17:20:33] wagnerrp: theyre going to ask how to get out of a dialog with no 'cancel'
[17:21:00] stuartm: ah
[17:22:39] stuarta|work (stuarta|work!sauchter@mythtv/developer/stuarta) has quit (Quit: later all)
[17:25:33] jwhite_ is now known as jwhite
[17:33:01] jams: you joke but its true

IRC Logs collected by BeirdoBot.
Please use the above link to report any bugs.