MythLogBot@irc.freenode.net :: #mythtv-theming

Daily chat history

Current users (19):

anykey_, brfransen, Captain_Murdoch, DjMadness, gbee, gregl, grokky, jpabq, jpabq-, justinh, k-man, mag0o, mrand, MythLogBot, natanojl, paul-h, rooaus, sphery, wagnerrp
Saturday, June 26th, 2010, 03:24 UTC
[03:24:20] rooaus (rooaus!~cameron@ppp118-209-166-206.lns20.mel6.internode.on.net) has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[03:39:26] rooaus (rooaus!~cameron@ppp118-209-37-237.lns20.mel4.internode.on.net) has joined #mythtv-theming
[03:54:02] rooaus (rooaus!~cameron@ppp118-209-37-237.lns20.mel4.internode.on.net) has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[04:09:49] rooaus (rooaus!~cameron@ppp118-209-139-166.lns20.mel6.internode.on.net) has joined #mythtv-theming
[05:41:27] iamlindoro (iamlindoro!~iamlindor@unaffiliated/iamlindoro) has quit (Read error: No route to host)
[05:41:41] iamlindoro (iamlindoro!~iamlindor@c-67-188-139-219.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has quit (Changing host)
[07:45:33] jams (jams!~jams@CPE-65-29-46-29.wi.res.rr.com) has quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
[09:00:15] natanojl (natanojl!~jonatan@c83-252-237-63.bredband.comhem.se) has joined #mythtv-theming
[12:20:04] anykey_ (anykey_!~guedel@178-83-241-191.dclient.hispeed.ch) has quit (*.net *.split)
[12:25:58] anykey_ (anykey_!~guedel@178-83-241-191.dclient.hispeed.ch) has joined #mythtv-theming
[12:26:30] justinh (justinh!~justin@cpc1-salf4-0-0-cust69.manc.cable.ntl.com) has quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
[12:26:55] justinh_ is now known as justinh
[13:00:14] iamlindoro (iamlindoro!~iamlindor@unaffiliated/iamlindoro) has quit (Quit: Coyote finally caught me)
[14:24:33] brfransen (brfransen!~brfransen@adrianDHCP-47.216-254-250.iw.net) has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
[14:31:13] brfransen (brfransen!~brfransen@adrianDHCP-47.216-254-250.iw.net) has joined #mythtv-theming
[19:42:49] paul-h (paul-h!~paulh@5adce247.bb.sky.com) has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[19:52:49] paul-h (paul-h!~paulh@5adce247.bb.sky.com) has joined #mythtv-theming
[21:52:42] justinh (justinh!~justin@cpc1-salf4-0-0-cust69.manc.cable.ntl.com) has joined #mythtv-theming
[21:53:12] justinh: hmm. just wondering.. anybody ever played with havign interchangeable group/show lists in recordings-ui.xml ?
[21:55:17] justinh: I think it might be possible but I'm not sure it's worth spending the time finding it out ;)
[21:58:10] justinh: hmm this might just work
[22:06:17] justinh: it does actually. kind of
[22:06:50] justinh: interesting. velly interlesting
[22:17:14] justinh: all it really needs is something to indicate the number of items in a group
[22:24:03] gbee: justinh: where do you want the number of items to appear, pretty sure that's available but I'd have to lookup the name of the textarea
[22:24:48] justinh: I found rec_count but don't think it's a textarea
[22:32:08] gbee: reccount within the group list
[22:32:32] justinh: ahh thanks
[22:32:34] gbee: but that's the old group list, not the recording group list, would be easy to add it to the recgroup list
[22:33:11] gbee: someone should swap rec_count for reccount (or vice versa) so it's consistent
[22:33:45] justinh: old group list? seems to be doing what I'd expect here
[22:35:00] gbee: then I'd not worry about it :)
[22:35:05] justinh: not sure I want to go with this idea.. but it seems to be more intuitive keypress-wise than a horizontal grouplist & recordings below that
[22:35:16] gbee: v. briefly, someone added a third, optional list to that screen
[22:35:38] justinh: and – as I realised a couple of minutes ago.. this is a new idea I've had – unseen as yet.. I'm astonished
[22:37:13] justinh: nothing revolutionary mind, but I'm surprised it even came to me at all
[22:37:18] gbee: reccount in action – http://miffteevee.co.uk/imagebin/bellatrix_actual.png
[22:38:15] justinh: I mean having both lists occupy the same space onscreen ;)
[22:38:31] justinh: sure there's gonna be a down side to it or somebody else woulda
[22:41:24] justinh: nice use of templates.. infact nice use of everything there
[22:43:05] justinh: heh all programmes group count is 0
[22:43:49] justinh: is that a bug? or because I've enabled showing all
[22:44:13] gbee: justinh: and I meant "reccount in action", nothing more
[22:44:39] gbee: justinh: could be a bug
[22:44:58] gbee: yeah, it is, it's present in my screenshot too
[22:45:40] justinh: all progs shows 0 but 'default' is 457
[22:46:50] gbee: open a ticket, we'll eventually get it fixed
[22:46:59] justinh: only downside I can see to this is that showing a group with only one item in it is kinda lame
[22:47:35] justinh: like you select a group with only one item inside it'd be less fussy to just get on & play it
[22:47:46] justinh: but apart from that it's tempting
[22:48:56] justinh: might not be too hard to code though.. if number of recs in group =1 just play it already
[22:49:10] gbee: justinh: you're assuming that everyone uses the same grouping, e.g. title?
[22:49:24] justinh: well any group with only one item inside
[22:49:36] justinh: you wouldn't really want to have to drill into it
[22:49:58] justinh: hmmm but then I spose that could be confusing sometimes
[22:50:21] justinh: and no, no temptation to make another setting for it
[22:50:24] justinh: ;)
[22:50:53] justinh: a lot of my non-title groups have only one show inside. pretty annoying
[22:51:17] gbee: well it would be difficult if using a theme/setting which displays the group stats when the group is selected and not the details of the first programme in that group
[22:51:37] gbee: you'd have no way of selecting the recording to see it's description etc
[22:51:49] justinh: true
[22:54:15] justinh: certainly food for future thought I think
[22:55:05] justinh: I like the horizontal group list I had originally, and my wife didn't have any issues getting to grips with it
[22:55:31] justinh: so I'll stick with that
[23:01:13] justinh: anyway, there's a ticket for the group count bug now.. best I did it before I forgot
[23:02:34] justinh: hmmm. could groups have their own banners perhaps?
[23:02:58] justinh: just shooting from the hip here, don't mind it... been drinking tonight :)
[23:04:16] gbee: conceivably, assuming you the group type is 'title', don't think any of the code is already there
[23:04:23] gbee: not difficult
[23:04:37] justinh: I mean for categories & stuff
[23:05:11] justinh: like when I'm on the group buttonlist fanart springs forth as I go between items
[23:06:16] justinh: or is that all just based on the first programme within each group?
[23:06:37] gbee: first programme AFAIK
[23:06:51] justinh: duh ignore me – think it was just the title groups I was seeing
[23:07:58] justinh: nah it doesn't seem to be the 1st programme – at least not when titles aren't shown as groups
[23:09:08] justinh: nor is it when titles are shown as groups. I'm ashamed not to have played more by now
[23:16:53] justinh: this is all a very big world away from running into so many brick walls in the old ui code :)
[23:17:30] justinh: just tweak the arrow.. just tweak the font.. doh.. look in the code.. wha? how much is hard coded? heh
[23:27:17] justinh: can't make my mind up whether to show the program list inactive or not. I'll sleep on it

IRC Logs collected by BeirdoBot.
Please use the above link to report any bugs.